Keep using all my points!!

Grr, so, I keep using all my points before I even get to dinner... What do you guys do for breakfast and lunch? Am I eating too much ... Hope you are enjoying your day xx

Hi there- Thanks for reply. Well havent had a great day!!

Breakfast
2 wheatabix with chopped banana- 3 points
200ml semi skimmed milk- 4 points
Yogurt- 1.5
tea with 2 sugar- 2 points
=10.5 points

Lunch (was in a rush)
Crusty roll(6) with salad (0) and 1 slice of ham (1)- 7 points
Weight watchers snack bar - 2 points
Weight watchers biscuit (couldnt resist!) 2-points
=11 points

Snacks
Popcorn- 4 points
Grapes - 0 points
Diet drink- 0 points
Crab sticks- 2 points

= 27.5 points. I have 33 daily points. But pretty sure I ate more somewhere along the line, as earlier I added my points to 33 but I am at work and forgot my diary book.
I am a big eater but am i eating abit too much?X

Your diary itself doesn't look terrible. Did you need so much for breakfast? I find I eat a lot out of habit rather than out of hunger. It's a lot of dairy to have too, with the milk and the yoghurt. 10 points is a lot of breakfast in my mind, in my mind I allocate 6 points and usually deal with just two (I have dry cereal though, am allergic to milk)

I think i was trying to have more so fills me up for a longer period but Yes I could leave the yogurt off tomorrow. Thanks for your help :)

Rather than filling yourself up to begin with, I'd cut the portions right down and then if you need a snack, have it. Right now you're eating what sounds like a lot of food AND snacks - The best thing to do is to stop and ask yourself if you're really hungry or just want to eat out of habit (or fear of being hungry later).

There's no shame in snacking. If I were you (and believe me, not two weeks ago I want, with huge portions and snack attacks!) I'd cut the portions down, use fruit to snack on for a few days, drink water instead of eat (and then if you still want to eat half an hour later, eat) and then by the end of the week you should know your hunger a little better and can balance meals better.

In the mean time, I'd def. start a Food diary over on that side of the forum, get some more day-to-day support and see what others are eating.

A couple of things. If you are following the pro points plan (it doesnt day on your profile) there are no half points. How did you point your yogurt?
Secondly, again if you are following pro points, you are over pointing your milk. A pint of semi skimmed is 7pp, so 200ml wouldnt be 4pp.

Breakfast
200ml semi skimmed milk- 4 points Use skimmed?
Yogurt- 1.5
tea with 2 sugar- 2 points - use sweetner 0 points
=10.5 points

Lunch (was in a rush)
=11 points

Snacks
Popcorn- 4 points
Grapes - 0 points
Diet drink- 0 points
Crab sticks- 2 points

I dont think you should eat less, I think its a case, as for ALL of us, to just eat better, get prepared so we're not caught on the hop and essentially make better food choices.

No need to be hungry ever or deny yourself food.

Last edited:
Rather than filling yourself up to begin with, I'd cut the portions right down and then if you need a snack, have it. Right now you're eating what sounds like a lot of food AND snacks - The best thing to do is to stop and ask yourself if you're really hungry or just want to eat out of habit (or fear of being hungry later).

There's no shame in snacking. If I were you (and believe me, not two weeks ago I want, with huge portions and snack attacks!) I'd cut the portions down, use fruit to snack on for a few days, drink water instead of eat (and then if you still want to eat half an hour later, eat) and then by the end of the week you should know your hunger a little better and can balance meals better.

In the mean time, I'd def. start a Food diary over on that side of the forum, get some more day-to-day support and see what others are eating.

That is not alot of food! My very healthy 6 year old would eat that much if not more, seriously!

Maybe less on snacks, eat more fruit, some less milk and make it skim milk. And like someone else said, maybe save the yoghurt till later if you feel peckish... :D

Breakfast
200ml semi skimmed milk- 4 points
Yogurt- 1.5
tea with 2 sugar- 2 points
=10.5 points

Lunch (was in a rush)
=11 points

Snacks
Popcorn- 4 points
Grapes - 0 points
Diet drink- 0 points
Crab sticks- 2 points

= 27.5 points. I have 33 daily points. But pretty sure I ate more somewhere along the line, as earlier I added my points to 33 but I am at work and forgot my diary book.
I am a big eater but am i eating abit too much?X

Doesn't look like you are pointing stuff right.. Half points are in the discover plan but fruit is not free in the discover plan.

The breakfast might be a bit excessive, you'd have to cut down a bit to have a normal dinner, and perhaps make a healthier choice for lunch to get more for your points, like soup or a salad... fills you a lot better.

Theres nothing wrong with having a large breakfast, just as long as you can manage with a small dinner.

I usually have porridge for breakfast with 200ml semi, which is 3.5pts.

@rissole: to be fair a child needs a whole lot more calories than an adult, and even more than an adult trying to diet.

I don't think its a lot of food, perhaps just some pointing errors, and some areas that could be tweaked to save on points (splenda instead of sugar to save the 2 points at breakfast for example). good luck x

Back