Keep using all my points!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by EmilyRose27, 29 October 2011 Social URL.

1. EmilyRose27

EmilyRose27 Member

Grr, so, I keep using all my points before I even get to dinner... What do you guys do for breakfast and lunch? Am I eating too much ... Hope you are enjoying your day xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RealFireflies

RealFireflies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Hi Emily - Could you give us an indication of the sort of things you're eating and maybe we can help that way? What have you eaten today and how do the points break down?

4. EmilyRose27

EmilyRose27 Member

Hi there- Thanks for reply. Well havent had a great day!!

Breakfast
    2 wheatabix with chopped banana- 3 points
    200ml semi skimmed milk- 4 points
    Yogurt- 1.5
    tea with 2 sugar- 2 points
    =10.5 points

Lunch (was in a rush)
    Crusty roll(6) with salad (0) and 1 slice of ham (1)- 7 points
    Weight watchers snack bar - 2 points
    Weight watchers biscuit (couldnt resist!) 2-points
    =11 points

Snacks
    Popcorn- 4 points
    Grapes - 0 points
    Diet drink- 0 points
    Crab sticks- 2 points

= 27.5 points. I have 33 daily points. But pretty sure I ate more somewhere along the line, as earlier I added my points to 33 but I am at work and forgot my diary book.
    I am a big eater but am i eating abit too much?X

5. RealFireflies

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Your diary itself doesn't look terrible. Did you need so much for breakfast? I find I eat a lot out of habit rather than out of hunger. It's a lot of dairy to have too, with the milk and the yoghurt. 10 points is a lot of breakfast in my mind, in my mind I allocate 6 points and usually deal with just two (I have dry cereal though, am allergic to milk)

6. EmilyRose27

EmilyRose27 Member

I think i was trying to have more so fills me up for a longer period but Yes I could leave the yogurt off tomorrow. Thanks for your help :)

7. RealFireflies

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Rather than filling yourself up to begin with, I'd cut the portions right down and then if you need a snack, have it. Right now you're eating what sounds like a lot of food AND snacks - The best thing to do is to stop and ask yourself if you're really hungry or just want to eat out of habit (or fear of being hungry later).

There's no shame in snacking. If I were you (and believe me, not two weeks ago I want, with huge portions and snack attacks!) I'd cut the portions down, use fruit to snack on for a few days, drink water instead of eat (and then if you still want to eat half an hour later, eat) and then by the end of the week you should know your hunger a little better and can balance meals better.

In the mean time, I'd def. start a Food diary over on that side of the forum, get some more day-to-day support and see what others are eating.

8. RealFireflies

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    (Also, I still use WW snacks and fruit to snack on in the day, and then reward myself at the end of the day with chocolate if I've done well on the points! Work for that day-to-day incentive.)

9. anj_i_am

anj_i_am Anj-tastic

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.12%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    A couple of things. If you are following the pro points plan (it doesnt day on your profile) there are no half points. How did you point your yogurt?
    Secondly, again if you are following pro points, you are over pointing your milk. A pint of semi skimmed is 7pp, so 200ml wouldnt be 4pp.

10. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw

I dont think you should eat less, I think its a case, as for ALL of us, to just eat better, get prepared so we're not caught on the hop and essentially make better food choices.

No need to be hungry ever or deny yourself food.

Last edited: 29 October 2011
  11. Rissole76

Rissole76 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    That is not alot of food! My very healthy 6 year old would eat that much if not more, seriously!

Maybe less on snacks, eat more fruit, some less milk and make it skim milk. And like someone else said, maybe save the yoghurt till later if you feel peckish... :D

12. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Doesn't look like you are pointing stuff right.. Half points are in the discover plan but fruit is not free in the discover plan.

The breakfast might be a bit excessive, you'd have to cut down a bit to have a normal dinner, and perhaps make a healthier choice for lunch to get more for your points, like soup or a salad... fills you a lot better.

Theres nothing wrong with having a large breakfast, just as long as you can manage with a small dinner.

I usually have porridge for breakfast with 200ml semi, which is 3.5pts.

@rissole: to be fair a child needs a whole lot more calories than an adult, and even more than an adult trying to diet.

13. x Alex x

x Alex x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.8lb(1.51%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/cal count
    I don't think its a lot of food, perhaps just some pointing errors, and some areas that could be tweaked to save on points (splenda instead of sugar to save the 2 points at breakfast for example). good luck x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.