Keeping it off - magazine follow ups?

Domane

All the magazines for the main plans (SW, Conley, WW) feature people who have lost weight. I don't buy them all regularly but occasionally slip one into my shopping trolley for a bit of inspiration. Some people have lost multiple stones, which is to be highly commended and they deserve to be featured. Now I have been a yo-yo dieter for years and have lost two or three stones at a time, but MY problem is keeping it off when the diet "finishes" I hit target and then gradually slip back into my old eating habits and then the weight starts creeping back on* :eek:

I'd be interested to know if any of the magazines ever do a kind of five or ten years later follow up with some of their star dieters, to show just how many of them have managed to keep their weight off. I realise that this wouldn't necessarily paint a positive picture, but it would be a realistic one.

Thoughts?

(*would also like to add that THIS time, I have taken up running. I'm 50 and have never run in my life but I have found a really enjoyable new way of keeping fit! Two stones have gone from my target of three. Because you have to eat healthily to be able to run and because running helps me lose weight, I'm hoping that finally I will be able to maintain keeping the weight off as both things are mutually beneficial. Watch this space! ;))

I live in America and a few times magazines will show updates on people but its very rare. Years ago on Oprah, she had a story about a man who lost over 200lbs. The next year they came to visit and he out all of it back and more.

I don't think I have every specifically seen an article where they follow up people who have previously featured in the magazine. But SW does include stories about people who have been maintaining for a number of years, not just those who are new target members xx

Back