Keeping the motivation up

Canadatogo

I've been having some problems with my motivation in the last couple days (ie, having the second individual pizza at lunch, eating 5 bagels! and not being able to leave the pink and whites alone!)

I know I need to be more strict with myself, so I think tomorrow I'll be taking a trip to boots for some snack and meal bars and not let myself have as much 'real' food.

My question is: how does everyone stop themselves from reaching for the biscuits?

I was doing really well last week, and then this week I just seem to have stalled...

I have no idea how I stop myself, maybe I'm just fed up of being so big but my OH is constantly parading bars of chocolate and bags of crisps around me, I think I'll swing for him one day soon ;)

I suppose all I have to do is take a look at my fat little fingers or huge saggy boobs or think about all the Facebook friends of mine that stayed skinny it's worked so far...

I look at photos of me 5yrs ago... And I have a banana, cos its got the same chemical as chocolate, but naturally or carrot sticks... or snack bars. The cheddar bites are nice too. I also think of how much I spend on shakes and how pointless it is to have a custard cream, cos if I take one, I'll think whats another 1... and the packet vanishes!

I think about how sh*t I know I'll feel after it and then that in turn would make me want to eat even more! Plus I think the more you don't give in the easier it gets, I find I can resist most snacks now when I found it sooooo difficult at the beginning!

I think about all the nice clothes I can buy (and the ones I have sitting in my wardrobe from "before baby" days). Have got a good picture from a slimming magazine I keep looking at too, the girl is a lot like me so it helps.
HTH
CEK xx:)

And I have a banana, cos its got the same chemical as chocolate, but naturally or carrot sticks... or snack bars.

That might explain why I've had three bananas today...;)

just thought i would pop in to see how you are all doing,my motivation is a new dress i have bought for christmas day,its a size 12(MY GOD) and i have hung it in my bedroom and evertime i walk past i say i will get my ass in that even if it kills me,and the fact i paid 40 quid for it helps.it is the only dress i own how sad is that,leggings have been my friends for so long,dresses are alien to me,i wear trainers all the time so must get some high shoes,i can picture it now christmas day and everone saying oh look she walks like a man in a dress.i will do this. yes i will

just thought i would pop in to see how you are all doing,my motivation is a new dress i have bought for christmas day,its a size 12(MY GOD) and i have hung it in my bedroom and evertime i walk past i say i will get my ass in that even if it kills me,and the fact i paid 40 quid for it helps.it is the only dress i own how sad is that,leggings have been my friends for so long,dresses are alien to me,i wear trainers all the time so must get some high shoes,i can picture it now christmas day and everone saying oh look she walks like a man in a dress.i will do this. yes i will

Thats a great target... Welldone!!
I have some combat trousers from River Island that once hung off me, literally I cld pull them off without undoing them. I haven't got them past my thighs recently but now I can do them up. They're not being worn out yet, but I am trying to get into them soon lol

Back