Keeping the weight off when at target!

Its a great thread this one to see what everyone is thinking of doing once they get to Goal!

Having looked now at some of the other plans I think I am going to go along the GI way, and have sourced a couple of books that will help me am sure (good old ebay! :D ).

I think something has just clicked in my head, and like AmandaJayne I am starting to take responsiblity for my own well being and happiness! I just wish I had found VCLDing earlier and hadnt messed about with so many other diets!

Once at goat I am determined not to pile it all back on again, and am enjoying feeling happier, more confident and not such a fat, frumpy 43 year old.!!

Deb x

It is really great to hear from someone who has lost alot of weight and KEPT IT OFF for years. There is hope for me then!

I am determined to be like Maintainer and stay at a healthy weight when I finally get to it! I have to grow up and take responsibility - at age 43 it's about blooming time, it think!

Thank you Amanda Jane and I hope you get there too. I'll be 43 next birthday so I do appreciate how much harder it is when we get to "our age". The plus of it all is that I feel far younger and more lively at 42 than I did in my 20s or 30s!

Good luck to all of you in your respective journeys

I think something has just clicked in my head, and like AmandaJayne I am starting to take responsiblity for my own well being and happiness!

I remember that lightbulb moment. Did you ever do that 'eating like pacman' after the club weighin? I know I did:eek: Hey! What's all that about:confused: Naughty schoolkid behaviour really isn't it. Along the lines of you can do it as long as you don't get caught.

Looking back it seems incredible that I was so naive. Who did I think I was dieting for?:confused:

At the Slimming Club I used to attend (many years back, during one of my failed attempts to lose weight), a group of us used to always go to the Fish and Chip shop after weigh in! We figured we then had longer to "re-lose" whatever we'd gained!

I remember removing jewellry before weigh in, wearing thin clothes after a bad week, and all sorts of other ruses. Who did I think I was kidding indeed?!

Amanda and Deb "when you get to our age" indeed!!!!! My SON is 43!!!!
Ann x

Back