Keeping to slimming world on night shifts- will it affect my loss?

NN89

Sexy Member
Hey guys! You probably all know i'm a student nurse- and unfortunately part of the job requires a week of night shifts, which i'm doing 4 of in the next week (sunday-thursday)

Im worried this is going to mess up the diet, as im changing my body clock and not doing a traditionals day food

any tips so i can stick with the diet and still have a loss?

Ooo.. i really dont know as i have never even thought of doing it during nights.. id say just stock up on fresh veg for finger foods.. fruit and plan ahead as much as possible to avoid vending machines! x

Hiya NN,

This is my first week on Slimming World so my advice isnt exactly tried and tested but im a nurse too and I have been on nights this week.

On the day of my first night I had my normal breakfast lunch and dinner and then took a small portion of my dinner to work with me and a muller light which I ate in the middle of the night. the next morning I came home and had cereal and then slept when I woke up I had lunch (at about 5pm) and then took dinner to work with me which I ate about 1 am. Its worked okay for me, I havent been at all hungry.

I actually find long days alot harder - i dont seem to be able to pack enough food to keep myself full for 12 hours lol!

The only thing I know about working nights from my previous diets is that it bloats me out and I retain alot of water, I always think I havent lost but it comes off a couple of days later.

Good luck - enjoy your nights:)

Hiya NN,

This is my first week on Slimming World so my advice isnt exactly tried and tested but im a nurse too and I have been on nights this week.

On the day of my first night I had my normal breakfast lunch and dinner and then took a small portion of my dinner to work with me and a muller light which I ate in the middle of the night. the next morning I came home and had cereal and then slept when I woke up I had lunch (at about 5pm) and then took dinner to work with me which I ate about 1 am. Its worked okay for me, I havent been at all hungry.

I actually find long days alot harder - i dont seem to be able to pack enough food to keep myself full for 12 hours lol!

The only thing I know about working nights from my previous diets is that it bloats me out and I retain alot of water, I always think I havent lost but it comes off a couple of days later.

Good luck - enjoy your nights:)

Thanks, can I ask what time you sleep/eat during the day? I usually do

sleep from 8am-2pm

breakfast - 2.30pm

lunch- 5pm

dinner- 8.30pm

mini meal - 1am

snack - 5am

and i usually go to bed hungry- but this was pre-slimming world..should i maybe space my meals out more?

No reason at all why Night shift should affect your losees.

Spacing out your meals might be advisable. WHat I do is have breakfast when I get up (around 1600)
Dinner before I go to work, (around 2030) and lunch at my break during the night

Well I am the worlds best sleeper!!! I easily sleep from 9 - 4.30, longer sometimes but then I dont have time to cook and get ready so I try and drag myself up at that time.
I cant sleep if I go to bed hungry, this week I was having a big mushroom omlette with baked beans before bed and that was lasting me untill i got up.
Then around five i had dinner, yesterday i had quorn chicken pieces in stir fry with some noodles. then on my break i had some pasta salad. I also ate a muller light at work and some fruit, oh and one day when i felt hungry I had some weetabix at 5 am. Lol that sounds like a lot of food - I hope I have lost!!
Alot of people I work with just snack on nights and dont eat a meal whilst at work - I suppose its just trial and error to see what works for you - have you done many nights before?

Well I am the worlds best sleeper!!! I easily sleep from 9 - 4.30, longer sometimes but then I dont have time to cook and get ready so I try and drag myself up at that time.
I cant sleep if I go to bed hungry, this week I was having a big mushroom omlette with baked beans before bed and that was lasting me untill i got up.
Then around five i had dinner, yesterday i had quorn chicken pieces in stir fry with some noodles. then on my break i had some pasta salad. I also ate a muller light at work and some fruit, oh and one day when i felt hungry I had some weetabix at 5 am. Lol that sounds like a lot of food - I hope I have lost!!
Alot of people I work with just snack on nights and dont eat a meal whilst at work - I suppose its just trial and error to see what works for you - have you done many nights before?

yeah i did nights about 2 months ago, so well before i started slimming world, and it was all just chocolate, ready meals etc tokeep me going- i'm at a place where i won't be working that much during night, its 24hr nursing care but the patients are all self-caring!!

Hmm cant offer any particular suggestions but I know one of the ladies at my class is a nurse that works shifts and she has lost 6 stone in just over a year. I think I remember her saying she uses a lot of the tinned stuff like the stewing steak in work at night time, but not sure her timings, I just wanted to make sure I posted as it is sort of proof you can do night shifts and lose!

hi ive just worked some night shifts and had my meals like this
when i wake up at 2 i have breakfast,
before i go to work i have tea with the family
and i have a lunch type meal ( sanwiches, noodles etc) on my 3am break

i did this for the week and lost a bit ( 8lb) but id messed around previous so it was like my 1st week again

Hello,
I work permanent nights.
I get up at around 4pm, have fruits and 2 alpen bars. I don't start work until 9.30pm, I have a mullerlight at around 10pm, and I have a spaghetti bolognese at about 1am. I have my bulkiest food when I am at work. I guess it is different for everyone though.

Hullo guys just an update! Last night went okish

got up at 1pm, had some special k sustain...

at around 6pm i had a turkey curry with rice, i saved the rice for a meal later that night

i didn't get hungry again till around 2am really, when i had something small- muller light and a banana...and thats been it the whole night!!!!!

I just wasn't hungry, i was doing extra easy too, i made a rice + veg dish which im going to have later instead...

Back