Keith's weight loss diary

keimcd

Hi guys, I'm Keith, I'm a student, and I'm 24 years old. I've always been a big lad, but that's gonna change!

So I started my weight loss back in May, when I weighed 309lb, which was the biggest I have ever been. As of now, I weigh 279lb so have lost over 2 stone in just over 2 months.

It took a lot of adjusting to my new lifestyle, and that is still ongoing. I calorie count and do cardio. I count every single calorie that I eat (well, I try my best!) and keep a record. I thought an online version would be pretty cool, and would let me get advice, suggestions and support from other people :D

So I'm going to write down what I did today!

13th July 2010

Exercise:

• Just a brisk one mile walk today, nothing too intensive.
Breakfast:

• Shreddies (yum :D) with semi-skimmed milk
  • Apple
Calories: 268

Lunch:

• Sandwich (2 slices of wholewheat bread) containing 2 turkey rashers, egg, tomato and lettuce
Calories: 330

Dinner:

• Chicken with noodles and vegetables
  • Slice of bread
  • Muller Light yoghurt
Calories: 491

Snacks:

• Cup of soup
  • Salt and vinegar rice cakes x 2 (I have no olives left, which are my favourite snacks! :mad:)
  • Apple
Calories: 148

Daily Calorie Total: 1237

I know I ate too little today, and that was down to bad meal planning (doing it on the go) and it being the day before the big weekly shop. However, I didn't feel hungry and didn't do any strenuous exercise, so I'm not too concerned about the low calorie count today. Tomorrow's another day!

Also if any one reads this and knows the answer to this question... How do you count your coffee calories? Are they so small that you don't count them? I take instant coffee with skimmed milk and a sweetener, but have 4-5 cups a day :eek: and often wonder how they add up. So far I haven't found a reliable method of counting them, unless I go completely insane and start weighing my coffee! I think that would be a bit insane though. I know they may be very low calorie, but with the amount I drink, they're bound to eventually add up, right? Or am I being a bit too obsessive? :D

Last edited:
Hello Keith welcome,

Good to read your diary, and congratulations on your weight loss youre doing really well!!

Dont worry about coffee, not only is it a human right, its ok as long as you count the milk and sweetener. Everything i have read about calories counting alows coffee and tea free.

I have always loved coffee but the last few month I have moved on to green tea as it speeds up your metabolism. Took a while to get used to but I love it now!

Good luck with the weight loss, and look forward to seeing your progress.

Hello Keith welcome,

Good to read your diary, and congratulations on your weight loss youre doing really well!!

Dont worry about coffee, not only is it a human right, its ok as long as you count the milk and sweetener. Everything i have read about calories counting alows coffee and tea free.

I have always loved coffee but the last few month I have moved on to green tea as it speeds up your metabolism. Took a while to get used to but I love it now!

Good luck with the weight loss, and look forward to seeing your progress.

I tried green tea on... I think it was the second week of my diet, and replaced some of my coffees with it. I've never been a fan of any type of tea, so after about a week and a half I stopped drinking it.

I have to say the taste wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as my precious coffee :D Now that you've reminded me of it, I may give it another go and see if my opinio of it has changed! Thanks for the reminder! :D

welcome to the site and good luck :)

Hi how's it going?

I have green tea with mango or grapefruit by twinnigs it's lovely .. If you like that kind of thing. When us your weight in day or do you weigh in daily?

Hope everythings going well.

Hey hey, you're doing really well, you must be feeling awesome.
Green tea is the devil! Lol. But kudos to you if you can stomach it, lol.
Hope that things continue to go well :)

Back