Kellmo's Atkins attempt

13 pints Kellmo? You cutting down?

I can't count on 7 till Monday rolls around. And with my excursions I'm thinking it's unlikely. However it is motivating me! just in bed waiting for a bath to run and I've already cooked myself an omelette! Yes I've cooked in the morning! Faints... Have a good day!

I will code the best I can tonight meat n salad or summat. Have to go with the flow at friends!

I am so so picky now when I eat at friends!! They all laugh because previously I would have taken extra bits of rubbish to nibble on!! Now I am like nope just make me a salad and I will have the meat or fish of you, even offered to take my own x I think my friends are just happy I am looking after me x 14 pints!!!! Only if it was wine x

Jellie I'm cutting down (god, 2 and I'm merry!)

Hope your meals go well!

Meg I know - eating with family and good friends you can make demands on what you eat (as they're so close) but other situations are tricky.

Friday afternoons are my weakness. Everyone is tired, flagging and in need of some energy. I was so tempted to have something naughty this afternoon but I knew if I did then it would be a slippery slope downhill all weekend. Instead I sucked it in and actually said out loud to my colleagues what I thought I'd do and I actually think this helped. It made me think about it and acknowledge my weakness on Fridays!

So, I came home and had a snack and then took the dog for a walk and I (drum roll please.....) completed day 10 of the shred! So very pleased. I have noticed a difference. My arms are more toned and my bum is lifted - even my flabby belly is more toned and defined! I'm keeping at it for as long as I possibly can...

Kell you are my heroine, I always give in to the Friday temptations - but you batted it away, got out there, went for a walk and did your shred - you have so got the right head on you to achieve anything you want! xxx

Awww Susie, you cutie!

This is different for me - not been like this since er, February. My body is definitely more curvy with all the fat but I still feel good!

If I can do this anyone can... Xxx

Oh wat a laff! First sniff of a carb and I was in there like an tramp on a sandwich... Prawn crackers, spicey noodles, four cookies when I got home! I think that tomorrow is actually going to be the easier meal! Doh!

The carbs are a ***** Jellie. I still crave bread and stuff / crisps / sweets.

Once you've kicked the sugar/carb addiction it'll get easier to say no. (Hark at me! Bingey Betty!)

Only 4 cookies? I'd have demolished the bag. Xx

Well done on no going completely mad - I'd have called at co-op and got myself ££ worth of sugary treats!!!

How depressing. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 10 stone 8. I don't know how??? I'm under 20g carbs every day. - usually about 15-17 grams average and I'm doing the shred (done level 2 this morning!) I want to be under 10 stone, ideally 9 stone 10.

I think I need to cut down on my fat a bit, up my protein and drink more water.

I??? Confused ????

The fat is important to how Atkins works hun, so maybe cut back on the nuts and all other non-induction stuff for a week and see how get on?

And don't forget you will be building muscle because of the shred, which will add weight.

Yep I get that and I will have some fat but just cut down a bit... Less cheese. I did have my Saturday night fruit last night so maybe that affected my weight??

My muscles always retain water on he shred and I can see a difference in my shape but when your outlook on yourself revolves around the scales it's like a kick in the fat stomach!!!

Grrrrrr

Ahhhhh! Just given in to a peanut butter craving. 80g of the bloody stuff, straight from the spoon. I also went into the 'goodies' cupboard and pulled out a Cadbury caramel and then put it back... Then pulled it out, put it back.

This is what happens when I weigh and am disappointed.

It's getting easier to resist but it's still bloody hard - will always be fat in my head. Had 2 large glasses of water and have come upstairs out of the way.,,

Right missy!!!!!! Step away from the scales right now! Go get the tape measure and write the measurements down, how many inches had you lost before?

I know I am shape shifting, I can pull down size 12s without unzipping and unbuttoning! The scales are still showing 10.9-10.10 depending on time of day. OH is commenting on how well I'm doing so he must see a change.

I think with the exercise we are always going to be heavier but you said yourself and convinced me of that!

Agree with Susie, no cutting of fat! induction carbs and loads of water. Is maybe the fruit? Iv upped my fats and only had nuts when I could find no other treats.

xx

Put Cadbury caramel in bin and cover with something yucky! Hang in there - shape so much more important than scales!

Ps I can't have peanuts or peanut butter in the house as they trigger my cravings - luckily other nuts ok phew!

Back