Kestosis???

What are the signs of ketosis??

i googled it and get this

If you are on a very low-carb diet in which you eat fewer than 50 g of carbohydrate each day, you are likely to enter into ketosis, a state which low-proponents claim can help to increase weight loss. The reason that ketosis may trigger faster weight loss is that it causes the body to burn fat for fuel, rather than glucose. Calories still count, however, and you should not count on ketosis for lasting weight loss

[h=2]Bad Breath[/h] Bad breath is a hallmark sign of ketosis in low-carb dieting. You may notice that your breath smells "fruity" or that your mouth has an acetone taste. This is due to the ketones that are being released in your body as it burns fat for fuel. Bad breath during ketosis can also be caused by dehydration. Drink plenty of water to eliminate dry mouth, as well as to reduce the number of ketones circulating in your system.

[h=2]Reduced Appetite and Increased Thirst[/h] Antecdotally, many people report having a reduced appetite once they reach ketosis. Nausea is a possible side effect of ketosis and can be a cause of reduced appetite. Keep in mind that a reduced appetite while in ketosis can also be due to the increased amount of protein you are eating, as protein is very satiating. You may experience an increase in thirst as well, as ketosis has a diuretic effect. Be sure to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.

[h=2]Urine Test Strips[/h] Ketones are released whenever the body makes the transition from burning glucose for fuel to burning fat. They are a byproduct of the process and eliminated through urine. The most reliable way to determine if you are in ketosis is to use ketone test strips. These strips measure the amount of ketones that are present in the urine. Keep in mind that the amount of water you drink can affect the results of the test. If your urine becomes diluted, fewer ketones will be present, and the test may not give a positive result, even if you are in ketosis

Read more: Signs That You Are In Low-carb Ketosis | LIVESTRONG.COM

So is this saying you can only achieve ketosis if your on less than 50f carbs??? Cos exante TS is more than that anyway and you are meant to reach ketosis on that plan??

well my breath stinks today!! a down-side to the diet :( -- i do that 'breathe into your hand and smell' test all the time cos i hate smelly breath, now I'm the one with stinky breath! hope its worth it .. also am thirsty and the hungers gone - from which i had in day 1+2!! yaay fingers crossed ketosis has kicked in .. I've ordered those ketosis sticks off amazon too so hopefully they'l give an accurate reading .. thanks for the info becky_1701 :)

mine smelt even worse this morning! gaaawd it was awful .. i think its worse in the mornings because major ketosis takes place when we r asleep I'm guessing? plus morning breath!

Will drinking cole zero stop you going into ketosis or does it not matter does anyone know?

well I've had coke/dr.pepper zero every day and am on day 5 and have lost 9lbs so atm its not affecting me in a bad way at all :)

:) no probs

To combat the bad breath- you can use the little breath freshner (as long as it is sugarfree) as this won't knock you out of ketosis.

Jem xxxx

Back