Attack Ketchup

stay away from extra light philadelphia, you're best off just using quark - it's got less fat etc in it. Ketchup and gravy... i'd say no, but check the nutrition info on the packet and the ingredients list. you're trying to steer clear of carbs, and ideally on attack you want protein to be as lean as possible with no added extras for the best lightning start.

as a general rule the nutrition of packets should give you a higher protein number than the carbs

Thanks I'll check into the values but tiny tiny amounts I would be hopeful they would be no worse than lemons, onions, pepper, cinnoman or cocoa??

What about packet egg whites? Found them today, though would try make meringue with sweetener & vanilla.

Packet egg whites are fine BUT cost more than buying eggs and "losing" the yolks; sad but true!

Gravy granules definitely not.

Ketchup in teeny quantity from Cruise ok but you'd be better making your own to leave yourself some leeway with certain other ingredients which might be iffy...

Ref your chocolate comment - it is not OK! It's a tolerated item from Cruise only, 1 teaspoon maxi per day, and it needs to be a fat free sugar free version thereof! (It's yuk!)

Lemon - he says a drizzle on fish or in a recipe for flavour not for using as a drink addition. (I forgot this rule myself in Jan, and had some juice each morning in my first glass of water. Stalled my weight loss!!)

Extra lite Philly save for when you're desperate. Not at outset. It's an iffy one cos he says OK in the UK from Cruise in small quantities, then brings out recipes using large quantities (to be eaten over the month?!!), but again it really doesn't fall into the "rules" he gave us. So wait for that one until desperate!!

I make my own ketchup. It's so easy and adds a bit of interest to a meal. You just use a dollop of pure tomato purée (make sure there are no nasty additions in there) and plop in a splash of white wine vinegar, plus sweetener to taste. If you like, you could also experiment with adding some mixed spice or cinnamon, etc.

SO GLAD theres a ketchup thread.
I love ketchup- ketchup loves meeee!!!
I just had a tiny weeny bit with an egg and 2 quorn sausages- SO NAUGHTY but my god was it worth it.
If the scales go up tomorrow then I'll have to re-evaluate the situation!
Might try making your version dukandebut. But nothing compares to Heinz dammit!!!! lol

you can have oxo's and for ketchup youre allowed reduced sugar or make your own.
The reduced sugar is fairly expensive though,so I have a bit of normal and im doing ok :)

I have the tinest bit of ketchup every now and then as well, I can't eat fried or poached eggs without it. If I want more than half a tsp, say if I'm having oat bran baked chicken and i want a dipper I'll water it down with balsamic vinegar and lea and perrins and pepper it up.

There isnt much difference between the normal heinz and the reduced salt and sugar heinz, i say have a little bit if u need to

I have the tinest bit of ketchup every now and then as well, I can't eat fried or poached eggs without it. If I want more than half a tsp, say if I'm having oat bran baked chicken and i want a dipper I'll water it down with balsamic vinegar and lea and perrins and pepper it up.

nice idea!!! :)

you are allowed to use a small amount of sugarfree ketchup. i use colec bought from the sugarfree megastore

Back