Ketones stick

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by pumpkinoune, 13 December 2010 Social URL.

1. pumpkinoune

pumpkinoune Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.8lb(14.7%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim
    Does anyone of you test their urine for keytones at home? do you know which colour should be the stick, pale purple or dark purple?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jayne33

Jayne33 Fighting for My Health

Start Weight:
    20st12.4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.9lb(16.04%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution Plus
    It doesn't matter :) The colour is just indicative of your level of hydration or how many ketones are left over after you've burned what you need for energy, etc. So long as you show positive for one of the levels it's fine. Plus you may sometimes get a negative, but still be in ketosis, as you may just be super hydrated. If you are 100% on the diet, you will be in ketosis ;) xx

4. Cookeh

Cookeh Recovering Cookie Addict

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(36.22%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim & Exante
    Jayne's right, I have the ketostix as well and as long as they change colour, no matter how slightly, then its a positive for ketosis. Remember that only *excess* ketones are detected so if you don't have any excess to be secreted you can get a negative result when you are in fact still in ketosis. Make sure you test first thing in the morning as it gets diluted and I know personally only my first test is ever positive, all the rest during the day are negative due to all the water we drink hehe

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.