Ketosis - A state of mind?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Kimberleyski, 4 March 2009 Social URL.

1. Kimberleyski

Kimberleyski Full Member

Slimming World
    Now I know actual ketosis is not a state of mind. However the feelings you get in ketosis are these a state of mind? - i.e not feeling hungry.

I ask this as when I first started Cambridge I was 100% not a morsel of food passed my lips. I was so scared of coming out of ketosis this is what spurred me on. When I came off Cambridge to go on holiday I have since struggled to get back on it.

I manage weeks at a time and then for some reason go and cheat. I cheated yesterday, however straight back on the wagon today. Tested myself for Ketosis this afternoon and I'm not in it.

This made me realise I don't feel any different when I'm in ketosis. I don't feel any less hungry and I think this is why I'm cheating. As I don't cheat because of cravings I'm cheating because I am actually hungry.

So the plan is to go up to 4 shakes a day and see how I go as I'm not willing to believe I will fail.

However does anyone else feel like this? I hear so many things like 'ketosis is your best friend' however I think we fell out! Lol :rolleyes:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge USA
    Frankly, I don't worry in the slightest whether I am in ketosis or not. I haven't bothered to buy any Ketostix (I am not sure if they are available on the US market, anyway), and I don't worry if I eat a little something I technically shouldn't.

The real proof (to me anyway) is in what the scale has to say. If I'm feeling good and the numbers are going down, that's all I really care about. I view Cambridge as a tool -- a means to a desirable end -- not as some holy grail that must be followed to absolute, unforgiving perfection.
  4. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I don't really worry about ketosis either - (unless we're talking about the side effect of bad breath! lol) I always find my psychological hunger rather than actual hunger the problem and THATS why i cheat - not because i'm technically hungry just because i really fancy something.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.