Ketosis - getting back in there!

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

I am advised that it takes about 3/4 days to get into Ketosis when one begins a VCLD but does anyone know whether it is possible to get back in more quickly than that if you've been 'in' but come out again?

I've spent most of the past 3 months in ketosis but it seems to me that even when I have deviated from the diet it doesn't take 3/4 days to get back in again. It seems to happen very quickly indeed.

Can spending so much time in ketosis result in the body 'returning' to that state very rapidly once calories are reduced again? Or is this just wishful thinking? :confused:

I find I can go into ketosis within twenty four hours sometimes...

It all depends on how much high carbs I have been eating.

Love Mini xxx

Yes as Mini says, it depends what you've been eating.

If it's mainly been low-carb you won't come out of ketosis. Even if you have more carbs than usual, your glycogen stores may not be full again as your body will probably burn the carbs for energy/heat first.

As long as you don't go on a carb blow-out ;)

I have found that like EllieG and Mini have said that once ive been in ketosis depending on how much i have eaten when coming out of ketosis. Generally if its not a lot of carbs you can get back into ketosis easily enough :)

I also find that I get back in quite quickly if I've fallen off the wagon, if it's only for a short while.

I'm on day 5 after a 2 month break (with no food restrictions at all) and I think I was defintely in ketosis on day 3.

Always day 4 for me if I cheat and start again .....

I'm not to sure but yesterday i binged on 3 savoury pancakes with cheese and chicken,1 and a half packs of crisps and light honey and butter popcorn and a cappocino and about 10 sweets and today my ketostix is saying i'm still in ketosis so i'm wondering if i'm crab sensitive or not? befor this diet i did use to eat alot of crisps( 13 packs easily) so maybe i'm not.

I'm not to sure but yesterday i binged on 3 savoury pancakes with cheese and chicken,1 and a half packs of crisps and light honey and butter popcorn and a cappocino and about 10 sweets and today my ketostix is saying i'm still in ketosis so i'm wondering if i'm crab sensitive or not? befor this diet i did use to eat alot of crisps( 13 packs easily) so maybe i'm not.

Not the point i know but mmmmm Cheese and Chicken savoury pancakes sound lush :)

I also find that I get back in quite quickly if I've fallen off the wagon, if it's only for a short while.

I'm on day 5 after a 2 month break (with no food restrictions at all) and I think I was defintely in ketosis on day 3.

How did you weight gain go over the break ?

Back