Ketosis-how quick?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by jcjazzy, 5 March 2009 Social URL.

1. jcjazzy

jcjazzy Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all, can someone please advise how quickly ketosis is likely to start? I still feel hungry ,but feel my breath is a bit whiffy and it's only day 1!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Drink more water if you're breath's bad! It's also a sign of dehydration-not just ketosis.

I usually go into ketosis about day 3 but if you've been doing low carbs in your lead up to LL it can happen sooner. Different for everyone.
    Good luck! xx

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    yes, it does tend to be between 3-5 days for most people.

Good luck, and well done getting through day one - the toughest day!

5. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    As BL said, 3 to 5 days usually, if you have very little / no carbs for the dew days before starting it could be slightly less, maybe kicking in at the end of day 2, but if you had a lot of carbs prior to starting (i.e. your 'last meal' was a whole load of bread :p ) then it could take a week to use that all up!

and yes, drink more water for the breath thing. I noticed in my first few weeks that my breath was terrible, though /i was having around 3ltrs a day of water - upped it to between 4 and 5ltrs + shakes, and breath is a whole lot better (still use the listerine strips though! guess I'm paranoid :p )

6. loislane

loislane Full Member

Diet:
    exante
    This is my third day, i've not got a headache today! Mouth is dry even though drinking loads!!
    Not feeling too hungry either... so all in all not a bad day so far!!
    :)

7. jcjazzy

jcjazzy Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi all, Thanks for the comments.I guess I'll have to drink more which isn't a hardship as mouth very dry.I obviously can't be in ketosis as I was not low carbing prior to LL :eek:,I'm afraid I went for it big style! Just a bit paranoid like you Pete re the halitosis as I am dealing with the public all the time.

8. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    I feel like I have a dry mouth most of the time, it's good incentive to keep drinking more water! :p

You get used to it though :) (kinda)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.