Ketosis-how quick?

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Hi all, can someone please advise how quickly ketosis is likely to start? I still feel hungry ,but feel my breath is a bit whiffy and it's only day 1!

Drink more water if you're breath's bad! It's also a sign of dehydration-not just ketosis.

I usually go into ketosis about day 3 but if you've been doing low carbs in your lead up to LL it can happen sooner. Different for everyone.
Good luck! xx

As BL said, 3 to 5 days usually, if you have very little / no carbs for the dew days before starting it could be slightly less, maybe kicking in at the end of day 2, but if you had a lot of carbs prior to starting (i.e. your 'last meal' was a whole load of bread :p ) then it could take a week to use that all up!

and yes, drink more water for the breath thing. I noticed in my first few weeks that my breath was terrible, though /i was having around 3ltrs a day of water - upped it to between 4 and 5ltrs + shakes, and breath is a whole lot better (still use the listerine strips though! guess I'm paranoid :p )

This is my third day, i've not got a headache today! Mouth is dry even though drinking loads!!
Not feeling too hungry either... so all in all not a bad day so far!!
:)

Hi all, Thanks for the comments.I guess I'll have to drink more which isn't a hardship as mouth very dry.I obviously can't be in ketosis as I was not low carbing prior to LL :eek:,I'm afraid I went for it big style! Just a bit paranoid like you Pete re the halitosis as I am dealing with the public all the time.

I feel like I have a dry mouth most of the time, it's good incentive to keep drinking more water! :p

You get used to it though :) (kinda)

Back