Ketosis - in and out?

bigfella

not for long hopefully
Hi all
Am halfway through day 2, and feel alright to be honest, the breath isnt the best at the moment, just popped to the chemist for some breath freshner!
Have a question about Ketosis, once your innit, do you stay innit if you dont cheat, is that how it works?

Thanks

Dean

Yes!..............LOL
As long as you are careful then in theory you should stay in ketosis. Some people (namely me) can get knocked out simply by chewing gum so you have to watch out for that sort of thing, but provided you stick to the diet 100% then you should stay in ketosis.

Oh we have a name Hello Dean

I think the answer is yes, unless you cheat and then you go out of it, but I was on the understanding from my CDC that once you are in ketosis your in!!

HTH

I went inot ketosis 2day, I am stupidly excited!

The packs have carbs in them and so your body will use the carbs in preference to body fat for energy. The packs therefore take you out of ketosis for 1 - 2 hours. Please don't get hung up on the ketosis thing. If you are folowing the diet correctly then it will work in the way that it should.

Tina

It is perfectly possible to cheat and remain in ketosis. It really depends what you cheat with. But we shouldn't really be saying this!!

Tina

It is perfectly possible to cheat and remain in ketosis. It really depends what you cheat with. But we shouldn't really be saying this!!

Tina
But then chances are you are having what it states in your book so it's not technically cheating!;)

Thanks guys

I definately dont wanna cheat, am just abit confused with the ketosis business, so i think ive got it, stick to it and the weight will fall off!

Dean

Thanks guys

I definately dont wanna cheat, am just abit confused with the ketosis business, so i think ive got it, stick to it and the weight will fall off!

Dean

You got it hun!

You will be fine, once you get past these first couple of days!!!!

I'm on the 810 plan and sort of hover on the edge of ketosis. Generally I'm out of it, sometimes I taste the nasty ketosis breath around lunchtime and then when I have my meal at dinner I come out of it again. My losses are still pretty good (exept last week, but that was down to a few naughty beers!)

I think the thing to remember is that ketosis is great for helping to lose the weight fast and feel great, but it's not the only way to lose weight and it isn't the end of the world if you come out of it.

Hope that helps
Dee xx

Back