KETOSIS OR NOT??

Morning all. How will I know when I am in ketosis? I am on day 4 and drinking, drinking, drinking. My tummy is rumbling all the time. The worst time for me is tea time when I have to cook my son's dinner. I know it will be worth it in the end! Should I buy those ketostix from the chemist?:confused:

Your hands and feet become really cold you have a fury tongue and stinky breath, really fetching LOL!!

when i wa sin ketosis i didnt et the bad breath if you et this just drink more water to flush the ketones through its not just cold its also hot because he bodys thermastat doesnt regulate itself as well

Well interesting, Its the first I have heard that! learn something new every day!

Just been to the chemist to get 3 shakes for Monday as Bank Holiday! Don't forget everyone! They gave me one of those sticks to wee on and it didn't even change colour so guess I am a long way off yet. I thought you went into Ketosis around day 4 though?

Don't worry hun. I didn't go into ketosis till day 6. I guess it's different for everyone. I was worried too that it would never happen but then just woke up in the morning and felt sooo much better! But had hideous breath lol.
I think for me it was because for my " last supper " I had a massive overload of carbs so it probably took a while to get it all out!
How are you feeling now?
T x

Hi Tigerlill.

My LT rep rang me today to see how I was doing and I told her of my problem. She said it's strange. She would have expected me to be in Ketosis now. I told her about the wee strips and she doesn't know whether they should change colour much??!! I will just plod on until weigh day on Tues. I am doing everything right. Although I did say I started drinking dandelion tea and she thought it may have the flowers in but I am 99% sure it is just the leaf. Only had them yesterday anyway. I still have grumbling tum but have been pretty ok all the way through this. Thought I would be right moody but am ok. Weeing every 20 mins is driving me insane though. I was in Ikea last night (drinking boiled water) whilst the boyfriend had meatballs, and had to go loo 3 times!!!! x

As long as you stick to the plan 100% you will get into ketosis and lose weight. Some people take longer than others, but you will get there. You will know as your breath will stink and your tongue will feel fury!

Many people have said that ketostix are unreliable, so I wouldn't take too much notice of them.

Good Luck
Clair x

O.M.G. Clair that is an amazing amount of weight you have lost. Very well done. I am struggling on week one and you have done 37!!! Have you had a re-feed in between those weeks?

Thanks for the advice x

I've been doing Lt (100%) for 2.5 weeks now and I'm sure i'm not in ketosis. My tongue isn't fury and my breath is fine - mmm I wonder if I am or not??

Well doesnt the fact that youve had such amazing weight lost in a short amount of time mean you are in ketosis? Isnt it ketosis that makes us lose the weight? or is that wrong? :rolleyes:

Hey stickinsect,
I know what you mean about the weeing! I swear I lose most of my weight just walking to the toilet 30 times a day!
With ketosis everyone's bodies are different. I have severe anemia so my body doesn't always behave the way it should anyway lol.
Well done on being strong and resisting the meatballs! In someways I find situations like this very satisfying because I know I'm finally in control of my eating! No matter how bloomin hard it is!
Have you had a weigh in yet? Sorry if you have posted it somewhere and I have missed it! How are you feeling now?
T x

Back