ketosis vs low cal question

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by grumpy, 12 May 2008 Social URL.

1. grumpy

grumpy Member

Diet:
    CD
    I don't understand something and am hoping I can get some advice. I am on CD but I am not very good cause I quite often cheat but am not ready to give up. Last week I picked a couple of times and had the odd glass of wine - I understand that I probably came out of ketosis but I only had very few calories. Surely I still should have lost some weight - as it was I weighed exactly the same to the ounce. Why???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Probably you've lost fat but gained water weight.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You probably did lose fat, but coming out of ketosis meant you replenished your glycogen stores.

The glycogen stores diminishes as you go into ketosis (hence the big weight losses that usually occur during that first week). If you cheat, they start to fill up again. They soon go when you get back into ketosis though.

Meanwhile, you will continue to lose weight, but eating little whilst not in ketosis isn't good as you can go into starvation mode.

Hope that explains it.:eek:

5. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    well put kd ... couldnt of put it better myself :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.