KETOSIS......

tracyd

"I WILL DO THIS"
hi all
well ive been to check im in Ketosis and great news i am.....and on day 4 ive lost 7.2lb!!! could have cried when she told me, and she has said come thursday when i go to my class it could be a stone, if its a stone i will definitely cry, why oh why didnt i do this a long time ago???

im so happy and its put me on such a high and so much more determined than i was before and i really was before :)

oops put this in itroductions and should have been LL forum, yes im new to this lol dont know if i can move it?

thanks Boochic :)

not too much water though. you dont want to be threatened by the lack of salts.

fine balance between too much and too little,

enjoy the maroon sticky

Well done Tracy :D that's an amazing loss for only 4 days - I remember popping in after 3 days and having a face like a smacked arse as I'd only lost 2lb LOL

moroon sticky flex? thanks AJB i couldnt believe it, was so happy.

maroon on the sticks usually means your dehydrated

thanks claire! no fear of that Felix im drinking 6 or more pints a day

maroon on the sticks usually means your dehydrated

dont think we are talking about the same sticks then. The ones we have have a scale of ketones in urine, with maroon meaning lots and lots and you are in ketosis (so I was told could be wrong)

I am imagining they are like prgnancy strips, different brands different results, blue line, smiley face, dots etc etc. probably not universal.

I am maroon and I am far from dehydrated (see early posts about having been told to cut down on my water consumption)

dont think we are talking about the same sticks then. The ones we have have a scale of ketones in urine, with maroon meaning lots and lots and you are in ketosis (so I was told could be wrong)

I am imagining they are like prgnancy strips, different brands different results, blue line, smiley face, dots etc etc. probably not universal.

I am maroon and I am far from dehydrated (see early posts about having been told to cut down on my water consumption)

if your talking about ketostix they are acctually designed for diabetics to check for signs of ketoacidosis

some people whos bodys are efficient in using up ketones may always stay beige

also your first wee of the day will show darker on the strips, purple isnt a sign your deep in ketosis

as you drink during the day your urine is more dilute and you may get pale pink or the sticks again might stay beige

you know yourself thou if you stay 100% then your in ketosis no matter what the little sticks say

I was told by my LLC that being in a good stage of ketosis it should show up as dusky pink which is right in the middle of the chart which it did after my first pop in - never bothered testing after that as I've been 100% abstinent so I know its working :D

yep mine was dusky pink Monday your right AJB thats what ive been told aswell

mine always stayed beige!! i thought i was doing it wrong!! i thought there might have been a trick to peeing on the stick lol

Mine last week just stayed beige and my LLC said I was dehydrated, which seemed odd as i'd drunk 2 litres! Then another group member came and the same thing happened to her.
Must be all the hot weather we are having in Manchester (hahah....it's rained non stop for 2 weeks!)
So am hoping it goes pink this week, just made me worry that i'm not in ketosis.

Ketosis....my holy grail lol

awww thanks calico , one more day til class and weigh in cant wait to see what ive lost :)

Im usually the same FF! Look forward to the sessions and seeing everybody in my group.

But this week i'm really nervous, I don't know why. I really want to lose another 4ibs as would love to get to 2 1/2 stones lost but just don't know if I can keep losing 4ibs every week...:eek:

My meeting and weigh in is tonight. I've had such a rubbish week, if I don't lose as much as I hope I have I know i'll feel even more down :(

Just need to keep reminding myself that i've lost over 2 stone!!

hanmac good luck for your weigh in tonight, I too have mine! why have you had such a bad week, you've remained 100% ab havent you?

Back