Ketosis

gemster30

Hi Everyone, I'm on my 2nd day of lipotrim and so far so good. Not feeling hungry and sticking only to the shakes as the soup is revolting.

How do you know when ketosis kicks in. Sorry I'm new to this so don't really know much about it.

Could anyone let me know the average weight loss on week 1.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

hi
i lost 12lb in my first week and hit ketosis around day 4/5. x x

Hi Thanks So So Hopefull. Im confused though how do you know if you are starting Ketosis, is there side effects. I dont really understand.

Cheers
Gemster30

You will start getting into ketosis when your wee starts to smell funny and you will constantly have a bad taste in your mouth. To test yourself if you are in ketosis, there are sticks for sale at Boots.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Looks like a trip to Boots then, as my mouth tastes ok for now and no headaches as yet.

Thanks again :)
Gemster30

Bad breath is normally a sign!:jelous: All the best for 1st WI.

Hi gemster.. You really do not need the ketosticks.... If you stick to it 100% you will definitely go into ketosis.... I have NEVER used them, and i lost 9lb in week 1 and averaged 4lb EVERY week afterwards..

Good luck hun x x

I agree with Su, you dont need them... I didn't use them last time and lost 11.5lbs my first week

I have some pee stix this time, but only cause my doctor gave them me... It's been fascinating watching it change and I wanted to know how long it took to get back in..

Hey everyone, thanks for your replies, perhaps I'll give the sticks a miss. Day three now and feeling fine. No funny taste in my mouth, no headaches but feeling really bloated. Can this be right? I thought I would start to feel thinner but I feel the opposite. Drinking loads of water and sticking to the routine without any faults. Hopefully the weight loss should show at the end of the week. Fingers crossed :)

x

I'm on day 5, no ketosis but have been having a bad taste in my mouth for the last 3 days. Have only lost 700 grams so far but not giving up yet

Hey Mirjam
Yeah I'm determined not to give up. I'm only doing it for 3 weeks (2 weeks normal then last week refeed before I go on holiday on the 25th Jan) so really hoping I see some drastic results and will be happy to even lose up to 3/4 of stone in the 3 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath! I'm so impatient and want rapid results immediately, but I guess I'll need to wait until next Tuesday for my weigh in.

Sorry need to go, time for another wee!!! lol

Take care
Gemster!
x

I'm like you Gemster, reading about everyone having such fab results make me feel a bit sad cos it's not happening for me. Sorry, got to go to a meeting so talk later! x

I'm on day 5, no ketosis but have been having a bad taste in my mouth for the last 3 days. Have only lost 700 grams so far but not giving up yet

Mirjam I hope you don't mind me commenting but I have an observation on your stats! How tall are you? Only the BMI that you are aiming for is very low which, if you've put your stats in correctly, could mean that you're not actually terribly overweight to start with and that would have an impact on the speed of your weight loss!

To give you an idea of what I mean, find out what your weight needs to be to give you a BMI of 24-25 and then work out how overweight you actually are, not how much you need to lose in order to get to a BMI of 20. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were only a couple of stone overweight and that might account for the slow start.....

Hope I'm right, then at least you'll feel a bit better! I felt like you do when I started out cos some people had twice as much to lose as me so obviously it just fell off of them at the beginning, or at least that's how it seemed to me!

Hiya Sandra B

I'm 11 stone 2 and my BMI was 31 (I'm only 4ft 11). Do you think that my weight loss week one will be low because I am only wanting to lose about a stone (more if possible). I honestly feel bigger today than I did yesterday and no signs of ketosis (half we through day 3)?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a newby and feeling absolutely normal on this diet.

:) Gemster

hi Gemster Ketosis will soon be upon you. Everyone's first Weigh in is different and it very difficult to gauge how much you may or may not lose. but i agree with what sandra said, if you extremely overweight like i was then the losses will be a little bigger, but again this is not always true. It depend on the person and there body. As long as you are following the diet as you should be you will lose, and lose more than you would on most other dieting.

Good luck xx

Hiya Sandra B

I'm 11 stone 2 and my BMI was 31 (I'm only 4ft 11). Do you think that my weight loss week one will be low because I am only wanting to lose about a stone (more if possible). I honestly feel bigger today than I did yesterday and no signs of ketosis (half we through day 3)?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm a newby and feeling absolutely normal on this diet.

:) Gemster

Gemster, could be! Mine was 31 ish to start with too I think.....I had a reasonable good first week but in comparison to a couple of people who lost a stone or more it seemed unfair! Of course it wasn't but that's how it felt......anyway, like I said to Mirjam, check up on how overweight you are really, not just how much you want to lose cos they're two entirely different things! And you do get weeks, even at the beginning, nothing seems to shift on the scales but if you take your measurements too it's likely that you'll see a loss in inches!

To put it into perspective, I haven't lost that much, probably about 3 stone if I take the weight of my new hip into account, but I've gone from a size 16/18 (I couldn't get some brands on even then!) to a quite small size 12.......feels like a different body!

Stick with it x

Cheers Kezzerbelle.
I keep thinking this diet isnt working because there are no side effects and I keep reading about people having ketosis in day 3 and yet still nothing with me, and I'm not even sure what to look out for apart from bad breath. Im a smoker so I guess I've constantly got bad breath! lol but so far nothing......who knows, maybe tomorrow will be the big day, (if I find out what to look for). Cheers
gemster30
(p.s. thanks for the advice and info).
x

if it helps i dont really have side effects, i did use the sticks but sometimes they lie. but if suddenly feel more energetic, less hungry, feeling colder than normal and get a funny taste its a good sign xx

Hi Sandra, I'm 5.7 (or 1.70m in metric) and I used to weigh 58-60kg so I would like to go back to 60-62kg if possible.

Hi Sandra, I'm 5.7 (or 1.70m in metric) and I used to weigh 58-60kg so I would like to go back to 60-62kg if possible.

When I put your current weight of 186 lbs into the calculator it came out as under 30 and indicated that you only need to lose about 2 stone to get to a BMI of under 25 so I would say that you can't expect to lose huge amounts every week cos you don't have to! Doesn't stop you trying to lose more of course but be realistic :D

Back