Ketosis

Mamaye

Hi
I just finished week 3 and lost one stone, i am really pleased.
But I just tested on a ketostick and it's really really light pink instead of medium pink, does it mean I am going out of ketosis??
Really scared now! Especially I am just starting having one bar a day and veg flavouring.
Any idea?

pink is pink ... you are either in ketosis or not .. and you are so dont panic !! many people have no pink on their sticks in the day , as all the water you drink dilutes the ketones so they are not detected , I am only pink in the morning as I havent drunk all night , but I am still in ketosis all day , so dont panic you are still there :)

Hi Mamaye

The other thing to remember is that ketosis is not what makes this diet work; it's the low calorie intake that results in the weight loss. Ketosis is just a by-product that can make not eating more bearable as it can stop you feeling hungry... unfortunately I am one of those people that can be in ketosis and still feel physically hungry :(

Thank you. Am not hungry at all, that's why I have found these last 3 weeks really easy. Don't know what I would do if I was starving all the time!

Hi Mamaye

The other thing to remember is that ketosis is not what makes this diet work; it's the low calorie intake that results in the weight loss. Ketosis is just a by-product that can make not eating more bearable as it can stop you feeling hungry... unfortunately I am one of those people that can be in ketosis and still feel physically hungry :(

That's not strictly true, ketosis is when your body burns fat for energy brought on by the fact that you are not giving your body excess carbohydrates and calories.
That's what makes this diet work!!,

Yes... and you get into ketosis via the low calories so we are saying the same thing in essence.

What I was trying to advise against was getting so fixated on the colour of the stick etc much like people get fixated on daily weighing as the negative emotions it can trigger can work against you.

Work the plan and the weight comes off.

Back