Ketosis.....

Kels_85

Silver Member
Hi girls and guys,
I have been on SS 100% for 8 weeks, up until yesterday!! It was my Grandad's funeral and I managed too get through the wake without eating or touching the buffet. I had my first shake at 8am, my bar at 12.30 but didn't bring anything else with me as I thought I would be back home by 6pm. I was still in the pub at nearly 8pm!! Still didn't drink.
Anyway to cut a long storey short, in the cab on the way home with my Mum and Godmother, they decided they wanted to go for dinner, to end the day off nicely. We ended up stopping the cab and going into a Italian restaurant!! I didn't have a starter or desert, I was soooo hungry that I ended up having a chicken breast with avocado and Italian bacon!! I'm not kicking myself or telling myself off as I was absolutely starving and had to eat!! I didn't eat all of it either, I left just over a quatre of it. I did however have a slice of soda bread with butter!! Which was really naughty!
I'm back on SS today, no problem or food cravings and haven't felt hungry all day. I don't know if I have knocked myself out of ketosis, I'm guessing I probably have.
I was just sitting here wondering how long it will take me to get back into ketosis?
Will it take the normal 4-5 days or will it be quicker?
I've had my 3 shakes today, and feel fine also! Haven't picked on anything, and haven't felt like I have wanted too either!!

Thanks for any help, in advance xxx

Thanks determinator,
It was half a slice of soda bread!! So silly for having it. But it's done now!
Hopefully I'll be back in ketosis by tomorrow or Thursday then.
Thanks for your help, I won't be stressing all night now :) xxx

you might not even be out of ketosis - or just borderline - 1/2 a slice isn't that much and you had other good choices with it so of you aren't feeling hungry etc there is a chance you are still in - or very nearly. Well done on coping so well with a really difficult situation - those are always the times when its easiest to justify saying sod it all!

l thought you done really well, you didn't pig out , you made good choices and stayed in control. you could have eaten pasta or pizza so l wouldn't too worried about the bread , and you back on ss.

Setas said:
you might not even be out of ketosis - or just borderline - 1/2 a slice isn't that much and you had other good choices with it so of you aren't feeling hungry etc there is a chance you are still in - or very nearly. Well done on coping so well with a really difficult situation - those are always the times when its easiest to justify saying sod it all!

Ohhhhhh that's excellent!! I hope I'm still in ketosis. I was really not hungry at all yesterday. It was just another normal day on SS :-D
Thanks for your message, it's really cheered me up xxx

sasha63 said:
l thought you done really well, you didn't pig out , you made good choices and stayed in control. you could have eaten pasta or pizza so l wouldn't too worried about the bread , and you back on ss.

Thank you Sasha!!
I did look at the Cabonara but resisted it :)
Thank you for your message xxx

Back