ketosis?

osanago

Hi, I started exante TS on Monday so have now completed 7 days, am consuming 2 soups and 1 bar a day & as have been quite hungry over last couple of days I have also allowed myself 2 teaspoons of bullion a day (since Friday) & I also have a couple of teaspoons of water flavouring each day. Otherwise just plain water or black coffee. I am blatantly not in ketosis yet & am wondering if the carb total including the bullion & water flavouring means I won't ever go into ketosis. Has anyone else had problems or have any advice? Feeling completely empty & also quite grumpy at this stage!! Thanks, Em :confused:

Sorry I don't know you should defo be in ketosis by now, maybe cut out the bouillion and see if that helps, although I drink bouillion and it hasn't stopped me getting into ketosis.
Are you still hungry? Is that how you know you're not in ketosis?

Hopefully someone else will have some helpfull advice for you.
Good luck x

Thanks for reply! Yes still hungry. Was on lighter life last year & I had to give up bars for a couple of days to get into ketosis but that was on lite so just thought if on TS it would be okay to have bars from start but perhaps this is not the case! The thought of having 3 of those soups a day is really disheartening as I really don't like them, have read that they become more bearable though so am holding onto that thought, ha, ha! Em x

No you can have 1 bar a day I did from the start, it shouldn't be that that's preventing you from getting into ketosis.
I add a bit of cayenne pepper to my soups, gives it a bit of a kick.
Do you not like the shakes?

I hated the shakes when I did LL & was happy to stick with soups just thought exante soups would be similar so bulk bought a load of vegetable & thai chicken. It is the vegetable I am really struggling with have tried adding paprika & Worcestershire sauce but not helping, am going to try tabasco tomorrow! Em x

Why are you so convinced you're not in ketosis

Pleeeeease don't say ketostix

Thanks, just didn't feel hungry for the first couple of days & then have got progressively hungrier & have expected it to abate and I suppose might be just that the bullion is making me retain water, will try & be more patient! Em

I find that there is a big difference on the days that I have a bar, and the days that I do not. In fact I've only started to have the bars this week, and I'm considering not having them next week. I really like them but they just make me hungry!!

that is what I am wondering!, also if you look at the amount of carbs in 2 soups & a bar it is literally impossible to get into ketosis on 60+ grams a day & the water flavouring has 3g per teaspoon so I suspect I won't get into ketosis with my current plan. Don't think I could face 3 soups a day though, bleugh!

Hi just a suggestion... are you near your tom? Im on day 23 and I know i get absolutely starving a week before i am and am just going through it now but it doesnt make me think i am not in ketosis its just what my body does every month... on particulary bad days ive made it a WS day to help me through... hope that helps

osanago said:
that is what I am wondering!, also if you look at the amount of carbs in 2 soups & a bar it is literally impossible to get into ketosis on 60+ grams a day & the water flavouring has 3g per teaspoon so I suspect I won't get into ketosis with my current plan. Don't think I could face 3 soups a day though, bleugh!

It's not at all impossible. Exante wouldn't manufacture the diet this way if it was going to stop people getting into ketosis

Exante allow any three products a day, any combination and I've yet to hear of anyone who doesn't get into ketosis. I'm not sure why you're so adamant you're not in ketosis. Being hungry doesn't mean you're NOT in ketosis. Most of us do still get hungry :(

Last edited:
I had 2 shakes and a bar from day one, I am always hungry after like 4 hours of a soup or bar, just the way I am, I can drink as much fluid as you like and still be hungry but I am still in ketosis. Everyone is different, some find they bloat and cant manage 3 packs others could have all three and more. I also find if I exercise I get hungrier quicker. everyone loses at different rates, my weight loss is slow but its still a loss.

I just expected to feel less hungry all the time & to experience some improvement to my energy levels but I guess if the weight is coming off I will just get on with it & stop whingeing!
Thanks for all your comments! Em x

I have days when I am busy at work in which I actually have to remind myself to have a pack/bar. In fact it is becoming a little joke that I forget to eat.

However, when I am not so busy I can have days in which I feel 'hungry'
It is at that point when I ask myself if I am physically hungry or mentally hungry.

Perhaps try splitting your bar and soups in half to get you over the first couple of weeks? ;)

Love Myr

It is worth trying the milk shakes. I was the same on LL and didn't like the shakes so was using the soups. Now that I am on exante I like the shakes much better than the soups so its worth trying. I don't think that it is unusual to be hungry on these kinds of diet but I have found that I don't want to eat anything that is unhealthy . However I do crave mushrooms for some reason x

Thank you both for advice!
Myr can totally relate to forgetting to eat, I used to do that on LL!
Am hoping that I am getting there, last couple of days haven't felt hungry and feeling a little less bleugh and am even managing the soups now without dread, so all good!
Are the exante shakes not as sweet as LL Susie?
I think I just have a weird metabolism as when I started LL I only lost a pound the first week & the lady made me go pee on a stick, think she thought I was cheating & I was totally dejected but then lost 7 pounds the following week so think my body is just very reluctant with this type of diet or perhaps cause I am veggie & live on carbs normally!
Em x

The exante shakes are not as sweet as LL or CD. I can have all flavours of shakes on exante, on LL I lived off banana milkshake for the last 6 weeks!! I haven't been brave enough to try the soups or porridge as I hated both of these options on LL & CD... maybe I should try!

I didn't mind the porridge on CD but hated the soups. In my opinion the Exante ones are much nicer - why not just add 1 of each when you reorder? I only got 1 each of the soups as I thought I wouldn't like them and wish now that I ordered more as they are filling and nice when you fancy something warm :D I like the vanilla shake hot too with a little more vanilla added - super creamy and yummy!

Back