Ketosis

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Amanda34, 9 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Amanda34

Amanda34 Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    Hi,

I am on day three, and my ketostix is showing as moderate. What does that mean? Do you have to be into the burgandy to be classed as "in" ketotsis?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    No - burgundy/purple means you're dehydrated - you shouldn't really ever see purple! Even traces is fine (look at the thing on the side of the container). Some people will NEVER register on ketostix despite being in ketosis, so don't get hung up on the colour. If you're abstaining and losing weight, then you'll be in ketosis - you won't need a silly stick to tell you!

I'm usually the light pink colour, but sometimes I show negative even when I've done nothing different. The amoun tof water you're drinking can make a difference to the colour on the day.

sun likes this.
  4. Amanda34

Amanda34 Full Member

Diet:
    lipotrim
    Thank you - I do love the way that there is always someone with the answer on this site!!!

5. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    No worries - we've all been the askers of the questions at some point!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.