Ketosis

Maka

A New Woman
Does the level of ketones alter during the day? This morning I was on the dark end of the stick and tonight I was just under the moderate range. I've had about 3 litres of water and two flapjacks so far. I've also had about 3 cups of Asda's Brazilian coffee.

Yeah hun as in the morning you are more dehydrated apparently then it changes as you drink more water throughout the day xx

Lol ive never used them personally but ive read people saying that lots xxx

My pharmacist didnt say anything about them either carries, i got some yesterday after hearing about them out of curiosity. Did one last night and was chuffed to bits that it went to the 2nd from darkest!! Yippeeeee and i was only on day 3 :):):) day 4 today

My pharmacist told me he doesnt like to recommend them because if someone is losing weight well and then tests their ketones on them sticks and it says they are low he thinks it can be disheartening for them... i think he has a point.

i dont use them either,,i think they are a waste of time,,

Have to say i was the same..if you are losing weight well then there is really a need. Some people just like to see some evidence i guess which is fair enough! xx

Now I've introduced food back into my diet, I LOVE THEM!! I'm making the choices and want to make sure I choose low carb to stay in ketosis. I've even had Atkins chocolate and afterwards not trusted that it was sugar free......done a ketostix test and hey presto....pink!!! If you are SSing then I suppose you are right, the weight loss speaks for itself and you know you are in ketosis, but if you are like me and want to lose the last bit by eating and staying in ketosis then ketostix are fab.

Loads of people can't get the stick to turn pink on vlcds, so please don't worry about it - it doesn't mean you're not in ketosis! Remember, vlcds only bring on mild ketosis, so the ketones often get diluted enough to not show pink - some people also find they only show pink at particular times of the day.

The real test of ketosis is a supressed appetite - if you're not physically hungry in general, then you're in ketosis. The yukky breath is a 'positive' sign too!

This was what a CD consultanat wrote, thought it may help

I am addicted to them...i used 50 in the first week lol oops ..... but i now use them just to see ...they actually motivate me.

Wow thats some wee wee gallonage nic lol XXXX

When on LT - I was constantly checking the sticks....the advice I got was that they should be in the "moderate" area as too dark means you are dehyrdated..........

Back