• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ketostix?

S: 14st5lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st5lb BMI: 25.4 Loss: 2st11lb(19.4%)
you need to drink ALOT more water - your dehydrated x mine was always pretty dark but just up your water x

Lily

Gold Member
S: 16st11.0lb C: 15st10.0lb G: 13st7.0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 1st1lb(6.38%)
you need to drink ALOT more water - your dehydrated x mine was always pretty dark but just up your water x
Actually, you might not be dehydrated. If the stick goes deep purple, it means that there are a lot of ketones in the urine specimen. It might mean that you're dehydrated. If you tested first thing in the morning without having a drink first, dehydration is a likely culprit - but then you generally are dehydrated first thing in the morning.

However, if it's a sample from later in the day, and you're sure you've had lots to drink, it might just be that in burning fat, you've produced a lot of ketones. Some people do - and because there are more ketones than the body needs for energy, they spill over into your urine. Some people's bodies are very efficient with ketones - they make just enough to use with minimal spillage into the urine - which means nothing will show up on the ketostick. Yes, you can be in ketosis without the stick ever going pink, folks :rolleyes: (one of the reasons I've never bothered with them - I know I'm in ketosis because of how my mouth tastes (yuck) and because I'm aware of feeling a rather odd buzz...)

You'll produce a lot of ketones if you've just exercised as well - cos you'll have broken down fat. Similarly, you might produce lots of ketones if you've just gorged yourself silly on cheese - cos ketostix aren't clever enough to tell the difference between breaking down body fat reserves and breaking down fatty food intake. :)

So if you're sure you've drunk enough, don't worry too much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ask MiniMins 0
Cambridge Weight Plan 6
Exante 5
Exante - Total Solution 100% 3
Atkins Diet 2