Ketostix

Zion

Hi All...Question for those of you who use a Ketostix to check if you are in ketosis; I was just wondering how often you check with them in say a day or week?

I don't want to become obsessed with them. ;)

Thanks.

Hi Zion I'm not sure about everybody else but I found it works better in the evening/nighttime for me...I became a bit obsessed and was peeing on them morning noon and night and found there were barely any keytones in the morning and i got disheartened but as the day went on it got darker and darker (i thought it wudda been opposite!) so now I just do a stick after dinner time and it's always a nice bright pink colour :) x

But u don't even have to do it everyday like me lol...every few days wud prob be suffice :) everybody's diff I guess x

I always check first thing in the morning, and its always a pretty dark colour. i've been doing it pretty religiously every day for the past 2 months but I'm coming to the end of my tub now and dont think I'll buy anymore for a while. I'm losing weight and eating the same as always so no need really for me to be checking every day. They are a great motivator though I must admit :)

Where can I get some?

Sorry thought I was still on sw.....

slinking out lol.

Oh Ilove cake...don't slink off anywhere. We love everyone on this forum :D
PS I am totally obsessed with ketostix, but to be honest, I am with most things!
You can tell if you are in ketosis if your wee stinks :(

Great, thanks ladies :) I always find it useful to know what works for other people. I will cut it down to once a day when I work out the best time to check for me.

Was on the road to obsession...feeling the need to check every-time I went to the loo ;)

Awww thanks, I'm on sw and I do green days. Makes me useless in an atkins forum lol. I am jealous of all the cheese you get to enjoy but don't you miss pasta? LOL. x Would the sticks work for me?

Yes, they would work for you.
You are always welcome to drop in to cheer someone on or have a good read. You might even think about coming over to Atkins when you reach your goal weight for maintenance.
I honestly don't miss pasta or potatoes or all the other carby things. My energy is so high now I just wouldn't want to slow myself down again by ea\ting loads of carbs. Great to have you around.:)

Awww thanks, I'm on sw and I do green days. Makes me useless in an atkins forum lol. I am jealous of all the cheese you get to enjoy but don't you miss pasta? LOL. x Would the sticks work for me?

If you on SW NO they would not work. You would be neg. unless you doing red days with no carbs (atkins!!)

Back