Induction Ketostix

Ange7367

I nor ally test myself with ketostix and I'm sort of somewhere in the middle dark shade of pink but when I go out for a night and have alcohol ...normally vodka and diet lemonade I've noticed that when I test myself in the morning...it goes almost purple but never get this colour on normal days ...don't really get that as I would of thought vodka would possibly knock me out of ketosis ...any thoughts bit curious about it.

Angie x

Alcohol tends to give the ketostix a false reading if I remember rightly I.e it will turn pink/purple.
It's possible that you have been kicked out of ketosis but the alcohol will still show up on the stick.
Hope that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Alchohol dehydrates you, which means your wee is more concentrated, that's all. If you drink lots of water the ketostick result will be paler, likewise.

Vodka won't kick you out of ketosis, unlike more sugary drinks. What any alcohol does is act as fuel (like sugar) which your body will burn before it burns off fat. So even drinking clear spirits can stall you or, if you drank daily, let you gain.

Thanks for that info....thought it was something like that dehydration....I don't drink daily thankfully....just on a sat night...do realise that it could stall me ....but I'm ok with that xx

Back