Ketostix

ellejay

Hi all,
Just bought some out of interest after reading about them on here.

I may sound like a thicko, but what colour should the result ideally be?

xx

My pharmacist does it for me I take in a sample when I get weighed. She told me its best to be light pink cos it means your not dehydrated as long as it turns pink apparently your in ketosis. The first time she tested it was very dark pink as it was a morning sample now I take in a sample from the night before after I've drank all my water. Hope this helps

When I just did it, it was kinda in the middle of the pinks if that makes sense. Is this right?

it all confuses me too, mine only went to the very lowest one today..trace or something...and my pharmacist assumed i had eaten something i hadn't! and yet when i test using my own strips it goes quite dark red! very odd :) i think as long as the weights coming off thats the main thing x

Thanks alot. I was worried for a min that I had got it all wrong and it needed to show Neg. the Beidge colour. Phew at least I know I am on the right track.

xxx

If it is anything above the neg...you are in ketosis. If it is too dark, then you need to up the water. It will be dark first thing in the morning, but as the day goes on it will get a paler pink. Well done and welcome to the wonderful world of ketosis.x

Keotosis ....... dont you just love it

Its a great feeling knowing the fat is melting away........

im a little confused about those strips you all have...
are you not always in ketosis if you dont brake the diet?
how are the levals measured,im not sure if we have them strips here i never heard of them before you guys,but il look into it,do u recomend getting them?

Jenny

You can get these at any larger pharmacy - or boots - Ketostix they cost about a fiver - apparently some CDC's sell them too.

Just helps to check youre in ketosis every so often.

Lighter pink is fine, you are in ketosis, darker pink means you need to up your fluid intake

HTH

Mikki xx

OK I am using these sticks for the last 2 days and I am at the very dark pink. But I am drinking 4 litres a day. Would it mean anything else? And will it slow down my weight loss?

OK I am using these sticks for the last 2 days and I am at the very dark pink. But I am drinking 4 litres a day. Would it mean anything else? And will it slow down my weight loss?

yah your from dublin where did u buy them?

are they dark pink in the morning or end of the day hun? If its the morning thats fine

Back