Kettlebell newbie - help!!!

flabtofit

Gold Member
Hi,

I've been doing SW world a while and have lost 2st 5lb with another couple of stone left to lose.

Although I've lost weight, my tummy is still very jelly like - I have had two kids and my youngest is 4months.

Anyway, I've recently bought some Kettlebells (2kg, 5kg, 7.5kg) as I heard they're a great workout and as I can do them from home they would fit in perfectly with my busy life.

I do however need some help:
How would you recommend I start - DVD's/youtube vids?

How many times per week do I need to exercise with the Kettlebells and for how long each time?

Also any other tips would be great - ideally I'd like to lose the rest of my weight and tone up by my birthday in April :)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hiya, not got much advice but Iv heard 3 times a week for 20 mins is usually enough to get results. Im doing youtube workouts and sometimes Shred it with weights (a jillian michaels dvd) you could probably find it on youtube too. Iv got 2 boys and youngest is 9 weeks old on tuesday so wer quite similar, my birthday is in april too! Im hoping to lose a dress size by then. Iv got a pair of size 10 jeans that cant get past tops of my thighs so Im in trouble! Youtube is full of advice and they show you how to do moves and how to stand so you dont injure yourself x

Hi
Thank you for all your responses - I'll brave it and gave a go at a Youtube workout when the kids are in bed :-/

Ingeh - we are quite similar! I have a 2yr old boy (3 in Jan) and girl who will be 16 weeks on Wed.

Do you mind me asking how much you have to lose?
I've been doing SW since 2 weeks after I gave birth and lost a fair bit but I still have about 2st to go, possibly more - I'll gave to see how I feel when I get there

TBH I never really lost the weight I put on during my first pregnancy but I'm so determined to do it this time - yummy mummy here I come lol

3st2lbs to get to 9st but I miht be happy at 10st, depends on my body shape at that time. Im hoping kettlebells will help tone and drop some of the flab, so if Im a size 10 jeans with a little room il be happy. Ima size 12 at the moment

Similar amounts to lose as well - I've got 3st 2lbs left to get to 10stone.

Size 14 on bottom n 12 on top at the mo.

Think I'll be happy at that weight as it was my pre-children size but you never know, see how I feel when I get there.

I seem to be losing weight quite quickly but really want to tone my thighs/hips and stomach area so thouhht Kettlebells may be the answer!

I was thinking of going along to a class in mu local gym to get the gist before going it alone. How are you finding them?
I've never been much of an exercise lover...

I was thinking of going along to a class in mu local gym to get the gist before going it alone. How are you finding them?
I've never been much of an exercise lover...

Hi there, the group setting will probably motivate you but doing it at home will increase accessibility. I use the Kettleworx DVD set at home which takes away excuses for me (partly at least!) but I would like to add on a kettlebell class for the fun and learning experience.

Let us know how you go :)

Right - Kettleworx DVDs purchased and awaiting delivery.

Signed up to a Kettlebell class on Wednesday just to get the gist of what I'm doing before going it alone :)

I'll only be able to attend the one class as I'm back in work in a week and with working full time and two lil monsters under 3 my time is pretty sparse!

Dreading the class really as everyone there will be fitter, slimmer...etc... but got to bite the bullet as otherwise I'll end up losing all the weight and will still feel like cr*p cos I'll be left with flabby, untoned skin.

Rant over lol.

I'll let you know how I get on #gulp#

Right - Kettleworx DVDs purchased and awaiting delivery.

Signed up to a Kettlebell class on Wednesday just to get the gist of what I'm doing before going it alone :)

I'll let you know how I get on #gulp#

Hey Flabtofit, how did it go? Got your Kettkeworx yet? Come join Ryan's crew!

Hiya,
Im new to kettlebells but im on the kettleworx 6 week challenge and body sculpt programme. Ive only been doing it for 6days and i can already feel a difference considering its only 20 mins long.
I came across it through a friend who said she lost a lot of weight on it and it toned her at the same time. Im only doing it 3 times a week so far but will increase it to 6x a week because the 6 week challenge is 3x a week and the body sculpt is whenever you want to do it, so ill be doing half and half.
Im here to support and hope the workout helps :)

All the best :)

Please be careful using you tube, the technique on some is really bad and can course problems. Google Kettle bell DVD which are REP (register of exercise professionals) I use Kettlercise DVD and go to Kettlercise classes. I am sure there will be other registered Kettle companies.
I do 2 1hr classes and 3 20mins DVD sessions a week.
Hope that helps

Back