kettlebell virgin!

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
i got a kettlebell, heaviest they had in shop, 8lbs... not sure what that is in kg but it dosent feel heavy at all to me :(

starting with the basics of it :D

only a 4 then.... hmm little light!

Hi
My first kettle bell was 5kg and I found it much too heavy by the end of a 45 mins class. I now have a 3kg which feels a bit light at the start of the class but weighs a tonne by the end!!!
Mere x

i prefer my weights quite heavy, im used to heavy stuff more :/

Really pleased with myself went to Kettlecise class again. First time in at least 6 months. :D Arms are sore. :(
Mere x

woo!
went to a proper class yesterday, the instructor got me started on an 8kg straight away (not the 4 or 6!) and the class was an hour long. was an doable weight, parts felt really easy with that size.
might pick up a 10 and an 8 next time...

woo!
went to a proper class yesterday, the instructor got me started on an 8kg straight away (not the 4 or 6!) and the class was an hour long. was an doable weight, parts felt really easy with that size.
might pick up a 10 and an 8 next time...

You Iron Lady! Good on you Gina :)

im used to body pump, wasn't like I was starting from doing no weights at all really

might come along to tommorows class.... hell it might even replace Tuesdays body attack.

im used to body pump, wasn't like I was starting from doing no weights at all really

might come along to tommorows class.... hell it might even replace Tuesdays body attack.

Go you :)
Another option is to use 2 x 8kgs and do everything with both arms at once

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ill chat with lewis see that he thinks :)

ill chat with lewis see that he thinks :)

That's what I tend to do now, so if it's 20 snatches with each hand I have an 8kg in both hands and attempt 40 snatches with both hands at once, as I found parts were too easy after a while x but some stuff like shoulder presses I still use just one at a time for

That's what I tend to do now, so if it's 20 snatches with each hand I have an 8kg in both hands and attempt 40 snatches with both hands at once, as I found parts were too easy after a while x but some stuff like shoulder presses I still use just one at a time for

I'm challenged and inspired. You girlz go hard!

im booked in for Tuesdays kettle bell class :D hope lewis dosent put in those evil plank challenges!

found one of them 10 minute solutions dvds on kettle bells, its pretty good. just my own kettle bell is too light and it didnt feel like I was doing anything. must invest in a 10kg and 12kg.

my own is only a 4kg :(

went again tonight, lewis did a different workout than last week. a more evil, torturous and painful workout. added a few core moves between kettle bell moves. including a one legged burpee with a one legged tuck jump. burpee's are bad enough, but one legged they are so tough

love the class though, fab instructor. never repeats a workout so much you get bored apparently.
left that class looking like id just showered with my clothes on. eww

Back