Key lime pie

pjplatts

Key pie
8 digestives 57g low fat marg 1 sachet sugar free lemon/lime jelly 2tsp powdered gelatine 4 limes few drops green food colouring (optional) 2 pots vanilla muller 198g quark 6 tbsp sweetener put the biscuits in a bag & crush melt marg & stir biscuits in transfer to 7in loose bottom cake tin, press down & chill make jelly with 142ml boiling water, stir in the gelatine & set aside to cool zest & squeeze the limes when jelly is cool put in processor with lime juice, food colouring, yogurt , quark & the sweetener, blend until smooth put in cake tin, chill overnight 5 syns per serving- serves 8

Attachments

• image-784668662.jpg
    image-784668662.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 532
  • image-1263306838.jpg
    image-1263306838.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 576
Oh my gosh! Key lime is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! I'm definitely trying this one later. And that looks like a nice, hefty slice for just 5 syns. Oh, I'm drooling already :)

Thanks so much for posting this!

msrsimpkin said:
Oh my gosh! Key lime is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! I'm definitely trying this one later. And that looks like a nice, hefty slice for just 5 syns. Oh, I'm drooling already :)

Thanks so much for posting this!

It is a proper slice!! Lol. it's gawjus too, well worth the small amount of effort ;0) x

am definitely trying this one

Hi just wondered if this lovely sounding pud key lime pie has any sour taste at all or does the artificial sweetener take that away. Love the sound of it, but on reading again just wondered about the yoghurty sourness. Thank you!

hollys nan said:
Hi just wondered if this lovely sounding pud key lime pie has any sour taste at all or does the artificial sweetener take that away. Love the sound of it, but on reading again just wondered about the yoghurty sourness. Thank you!

It is quite tart!! I'm not gonna put so much lime juice in next time was a bit too tart!! Xx it is very nice xx

Dont mind the tartiness of the fruit, its the sour taste of the quark/from frais puds I dont like. Was it just tarty then piplatts

hollys nan said:
Dont mind the tartiness of the fruit, its the sour taste of the quark/from frais puds I dont like. Was it just tarty then piplatts

Yes can't tell it's got quark in it xxx

I've done a orange one with orange jelly, orange juice and rind and orange food colouring it's just as nice as the lime one (in fact my hubby prefers it) can also do a strawberry one with strawberry muller & jelly and just leave the lime/orange out ;0) x

Attachments

• image-1134053828.jpg
    image-1134053828.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 156
  • image-35781119.jpg
    image-35781119.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 173
When I do that Key Lime pie, I use a weightwatchers lemon and lime yogurt instead of 1 of the mullers. It's YUM! :) Adds a bit more tartness. So good!

I've made the orange 1 again today as we have had friends round for tea and I used the orange with choc mullers in it was very nice too x

Back