keytosis - how to get out of it?

Sara4

Gold Member
My friend has been on LT to lose weight for a medical with her doctor. She doesn't want her doctor to know that she did LT. She has to do a urine sample which I am assuming he will check for keytosis for diabetes. The urine sample is this Fri.

Anyone know how long before giving the sample she would need to eat some carbs to get out of keytosis? Also how much carbs should do it?

Thanks

why do that? surely when doctors back this programme and have put patients on it to loose weight for operations her doc should be pleased that she took her weight in hand

sadly no! He doesn't approve of it! She is supposed to have maintained weight that she lost last year and she had put a stone and half back on. So has just about gotten it down in time for test.

This is to be allowed to adopt a child and BMI must be under 30 or it will cause huge problems and delays.

eating anything should get you out of ketosis.. she has to refeed properly tho so tell her to stick to the plan. day one she should be out of it

I stayed in ketosis when I was refeeding for days by eating only fish, chicken and salad, it wasnt until I ate carbs that I came out of ketosis, the carbs I had was a jacket potato, then a few crisps in the evening at the party.

Thanks everyone. Yep it was the carbs for me too! Will tell her.

Back