KFC Chicken done the SW way

I was thinking more about this last night. I wonder if you could let the raw chicken marinate in the paste during the day, then just roll it in breadcrumbs when you got in from work and cook?

I still think they could be frozen in batches too.

I made this last week and it was to die for :D

Chicken bovril is like rocking horse poo around here though, so it could be a while before I do it again. I think I got it from Tesco last time, but rarely get there these days.

I put a bit less chilli and a little bit of cajun in. Mmmmmm

Has anyone tried adding the spices to the breadcrumbs rather than to the eggy bovril mix? I'm thinking of doing that next time as I couldn't taste the spices that well.

KFC

If anyone hasn't tried kfc the slimming way then you really should.I had the chicken with colslaw beans slimming world chips and corn on the cob!!and what was even betta was that i didnt even feel bad afterwards.x :)

I made KFC and scotch eggs for taster evening tonight everyone loved them they both went very quickly,

nettie xx

I'm making KFC for tomorrow night's taster :)

Only bought 12 drumsticks though, hope that's going to be enough!

!st time for SW KFC!!! Yum Yum Yum

First time Ive had this - Bread crumbs for coating as my HEXB and cheese on jacket for my HEXA!!!!
Btw I added season all to the breadcrumbs and it was luurrvely!

Attachments

• eba 013.jpg
    eba 013.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Did you girls make yours with breast or drumsticks?

Made mine with drumsticks, by the time I'd managed to coat them I could have roasted myself. KFC Laura:8855:

How the hell did you manage that like mate!

It wouldn't stick to the bovril properly! I squidged it on with my hands. I'm a superb chef. :giggle:

I used a pastry brush to coat mine cuz the first time I made them I got into a mess. When I made mine for taster evening I used breasts and cut them into goujons to make them go further but when I do them at home I usualy do drumsticks and thighs.

nettie xx

I used those mini fillets - like goujons
I wore thin rubber gloves and dipped in the bovril mix then rolled in the breadcrumbs

This is exactly what i needed YAY!!!!

SW KFC - tips was too dry

Hi

I made this for the first time yesterday. It has the flavour but was a wee bit dry.

Have I just cooked it for too long?

I did use the whole jar of bovril & egg etc...do I need to spray with fry light before putting in the oven?

I made the sw kfc chicken and mine was bit dry too. I think i did overcook it though!xx

Back