KFC Chicken done the SW way

I had made so much that I couldn't eat it all... I've put the rest in the fridge to reheat for my hubby to try later... I'm sure he's gonna love it too!

I have copied the recipe and pasted everyones tips and changes! Hopefully going to make it at the weekend although planning to use chicken breasts cut in to strips. Fingers crossed I get it to work!

yeah I did chicken breasts cut into strips... came out beautifully.
I followed the recipe almost exactly, with the use of a pinch of hot chilli powder instead of half a teaspoon of mild chilli powder...

Last edited:
SW KFC

i saw on another post here that someone made SW KFC. could i please please please hav the recipe.

x

If you take a look in the recipe sub-forum you'll find a lengthy thread about it there along with the recipe

The Cajun one is nice too.. Its just using your allowance:

2 small slices of w/meal bread,
cayenne pepper
cajun seasioning
salt and pepper
Chicken thighs - skinless
1 egg whisked
Fry Light

Add bread and seasoning to blender and blend into fine crumbs, put into a plate. Dip your chicken into the egg mixture, then crumbs, then place on greaseproofed baking tray and spray with fry light - both sides. Cook for 15 mins, then turn and spray again and cook for a further 10 mins. Its Yummyy.

The Cajun one is nice too.. Its just using your allowance:

2 small slices of w/meal bread,
cayenne pepper
cajun seasioning
salt and pepper
Chicken thighs - skinless
1 egg whisked
Fry Light

Add bread and seasoning to blender and blend into fine crumbs, put into a plate. Dip your chicken into the egg mixture, then crumbs, then place on greaseproofed baking tray and spray with fry light - both sides. Cook for 15 mins, then turn and spray again and cook for a further 10 mins. Its Yummyy.

do you know the quantities of the spices,just seen this and i might do it for tea,sounds yummy x:flirt2:

I Use 1tsp of each, if you like them spicey.. then add some chilli flakes too, .. and then some sea salt and pepper too. There are some nice dips on recipe section too, that are nice to go with these. I tried them out on Saturday and they were really nice. Making me hungry thinking about them again now, lol. x

Thanks for bumping this thread - the recipe sounds amazing, and I'm off to get the ingredients just now for tonight's dinner!

Here is the original recipe:

Syn Free KFC
10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place
chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.
Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.
Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.

if not using the bread as a HE do you need to add this in with y our syns? or is it the fact it baked that makes it syn free?? sounds soo yummy!!

I would believe that if not using it as an HE then you would need to syn it, don't believe it matters that it is baked, it doesn't make the content any different

I'm making this during this week. Mr Tesco is delivering my ingredients (along with the rest of my shopping) tonight.

KFC Recipe Pleeeassee!

Hi guys, Ive seen a lot of you mentioning a recipe for slimming world style KFC.
Would love it if someone could post the recipe for me x

Back