KFC Chicken done the SW way

Yummy!

Attachments

• image-2127695043.jpg
    image-2127695043.jpg
    508.2 KB · Views: 613
Im going to give this a go at the weekend. Anyone thats tried a few different recipes recommend a good one please?

I'm in the mood to play with my food this weekend so think I'll try something based on the first recipe (on this thread) this weekend, but have taken some notes from other postings so will tweak. I'm not too fussed about the KFC'ness of the results (half the fun of KFC was the oodles of fat oozing out anyway, which is NOT going to happen) but I do like breaded chicken with plenty of pepper. Had an absolutely fantastic fried chicken years ago in Cuba which had a big zesty hit in it, so might try some lemon and lime zest in there as well. Wondering if it's something smaller households can prepare and freeze in advance .... Will report back!

Ooh yes, that works! Stuck to the original recipe in the end, but used chicken drumsticks (skin off, of course) and didn't bother with poaching as they were on the bone. Slightly longer cooking time at about 18 minutes (distracted by phone call) but meat was succulent and it tasted really good - not really KFC but still very acceptable. And if you drop the poaching part, they're not too much of a faff, really, especially as you can do them in advance and leave them on the tray in the fridge until you're ready to cook. Note from a previous post that you can freeze them, so long as you're using fresh chicken, not meat that's already been frozen and defrosted.

This sounds really yummy! One to save and print off I think. Only started last night so still trying to find my feet!! x

& had some of the chicken bovril/egg mix left over, so mashed it up with left-over spuds and cooked kale, some trimmed & chopped bacon and did a sort of messy but v tasty hash brown the next day.

gonna give this a go but tweak it a little bit, going to use ryvita for my coating with a small amount of chilli powder and garlic salt and no bovril (yeuch cant stand the stuff)

I read this post last week and tried it out for first time, but omitted the Bovril (couldnt find it) and used Smash, they were amazing! So good even my take awy loving Bf declared them amazing and i had to make a big batch for his lunches this week.Even my consultant hadnt heard of this so i took the recipe in for her and she said her and hubby loved it too! Definite winner to get rid of the take-away pangs!!

OOOO that sounds really nice. I went to KFC last night and was a bit shocked by syns value.

Amazing, you have saved me a lot of guilt from stopping my partner from going there while we are out, now i can just make it when we get home!! :)

Wow sounds great! I was just saying earlier at work how I would love KFC!

Back