Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Kick up bum required

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by maypole, 25 March 2011 Social URL.

1. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

Have been caring for my mum in the isle of Man while she has some treatment for cancer & have have lost my way a bit as it's hard to get her to eat so I have been grabbing what I can. I came back on wednesday & had a blow out chinese last night. I know I need to do it as there is a small matter of all the clothes I can't get into but just need a large kick to get back on track as I have been a bit & miss

All kicks welcome

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. desperatehousewife

desperatehousewife Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimmng world
    I know you you feel like you may need a kick, but dont be that hard on yourself - your priority has been your mum. Hope she is making a good recovery, my f-in-law has had a tough week with similar. Why dont you gently ease yourself back into the plan by meal planning for a week or even just a couple of days, you'll soon get back in the swing of it. Maybe decide to try a new recipe, spoil yourself with a steak? You're the important one - put a little smile on your own face x

Shirleen likes this.
  4. Tinnedtomato

Tinnedtomato Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Maypole, desperatehousewife is right. It sounds like you have a lot going off in your personal life at the moment. I have had one or two stressors in my life that keep knocking me off the wagon, but I usually get back into things by finding new and exciting things to try. Re-read your SW books, search for some new recipes. Have a nosey at some people's food diaries to give you a boost and get you motivated again.

Good luck, and hope your mum is ok xx

5. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your replies. My mums cancer is terminal but she is having chemo to help the secondarys to make her more comfortable. I've took housewifes advice & have a steak for tea & am going to get my mags out tonight & plan some meals & go shopping tomorrow x

6. Tinnedtomato

Tinnedtomato Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good for you Maypole. Enjoy your steak and I hope you get all excited again about SW and jump back in with both feet. Take care xx

7. desperatehousewife

desperatehousewife Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimmng world
    Hi Maypole!! Hope your feeling a little better today now that you've looked through your mags and done your shopping! Ive bet youve had a lovely dinner and feeling a lot more positive about it all, good luck for your fresh start this week xx

8. maypole

maypole loves to eat

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks desparate housewife thats lovely. I am back on plan & even went cycling yesterday which was good but not sure if my bottom agrees :D. Get WI tonight so will see what damage I have done x

9. katty

katty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hope your wi goes well hunni and well done for getting back on plan :) xx

10. karra

karra Loser ;)

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.49%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Good luck for WI Maypole and hope the bottom gets better haha xxx

11. Caroline82

Caroline82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    So sorry to hear about your Mum, massive well done for getting back on plan. Best of luck for WI tonight xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.