• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Kick up bum required

Hi

Have been caring for my mum in the isle of Man while she has some treatment for cancer & have have lost my way a bit as it's hard to get her to eat so I have been grabbing what I can. I came back on wednesday & had a blow out chinese last night. I know I need to do it as there is a small matter of all the clothes I can't get into but just need a large kick to get back on track as I have been a bit & miss

All kicks welcome

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I know you you feel like you may need a kick, but dont be that hard on yourself - your priority has been your mum. Hope she is making a good recovery, my f-in-law has had a tough week with similar. Why dont you gently ease yourself back into the plan by meal planning for a week or even just a couple of days, you'll soon get back in the swing of it. Maybe decide to try a new recipe, spoil yourself with a steak? You're the important one - put a little smile on your own face x

Hi Maypole, desperatehousewife is right. It sounds like you have a lot going off in your personal life at the moment. I have had one or two stressors in my life that keep knocking me off the wagon, but I usually get back into things by finding new and exciting things to try. Re-read your SW books, search for some new recipes. Have a nosey at some people's food diaries to give you a boost and get you motivated again.

Good luck, and hope your mum is ok xx

Thanks for your replies. My mums cancer is terminal but she is having chemo to help the secondarys to make her more comfortable. I've took housewifes advice & have a steak for tea & am going to get my mags out tonight & plan some meals & go shopping tomorrow x

Thanks for your replies. My mums cancer is terminal but she is having chemo to help the secondarys to make her more comfortable. I've took housewifes advice & have a steak for tea & am going to get my mags out tonight & plan some meals & go shopping tomorrow x
Good for you Maypole. Enjoy your steak and I hope you get all excited again about SW and jump back in with both feet. Take care xx

Hi Maypole!! Hope your feeling a little better today now that you've looked through your mags and done your shopping! Ive bet youve had a lovely dinner and feeling a lot more positive about it all, good luck for your fresh start this week xx

Thanks desparate housewife thats lovely. I am back on plan & even went cycling yesterday which was good but not sure if my bottom agrees :D. Get WI tonight so will see what damage I have done x

So sorry to hear about your Mum, massive well done for getting back on plan. Best of luck for WI tonight xxxx