Kick up the backside needed!!

Hazykay

Silver Member
Hi there,

I have been on my journey for exactly a year now and I have had the odd gain here and there (Christmas birthdays etc.) which is to be expected. I have always got straight back on plan and continued to have success.
For some reason, the closer I am to goal, the more I lose focus and spiral out of control.
In the middle of February, I was 3 & 1/2 lb away from target but I put on 1 & 1/2, lost that 1 & 1/2, gained 3 lbs and so on.
2 months down the line I am 5 lbs from target!!
I have spent 2 months fees, to be heavier than I was 2 months ago and I need a good shake!!
Is there anyone else out there like me that needs a kick up the backside too???

I think loads of people get like that the closer you get to goal, the more you say ah well I only have a few lbs to lose so it doesn't REALLY matter if I have that extra cake,chocolate etc ..

just before I got pregnant I was struggling for a good month or so!

I hope you get your head into it soon!

I lost 2lbs at my WI this week and ever since I've got into a really bad headspace and been binging. I need a big kick up the bum. I've wasted a months fee already just to be the same weight I was when I started after gaining then losing.

I think loads of people get like that the closer you get to goal, the more you say ah well I only have a few lbs to lose so it doesn't REALLY matter if I have that extra cake,chocolate etc ..

just before I got pregnant I was struggling for a good month or so!

I hope you get your head into it soon!

Glad I'm not the only one then lol. I think I was getting a little complacent. I was so in the zone before, especially when I was getting my silver 7's. I would aim for the next one. One stone led to two, then three then four then I was on the verge of my 4 & 1/2 stone then @rsed about for 2 months.

We all struggle, it's a difficult process but hopefully with some encouragement we will get there.

My head seems to be in the zone at the moment, here's hoping it stays that way :)

I lost 2lbs at my WI this week and ever since I've got into a really bad headspace and been binging. I need a big kick up the bum. I've wasted a months fee already just to be the same weight I was when I started after gaining then losing.

Well done on your loss, that's fab! I put on 3 at mine :-(

Consider your bum kicked lol, let's do this, easier said than done I know, but with support and encouragement, it may help us along a little.

Tomorrow is another day, let's draw a line and start again. Good luck for the rest of the week :)

Everyone has periods of time when they just can't get into it, I think sometimes then you need a little break and start afresh when you really feel like you want to do it :) good luck... I'm waiting to see what I weigh after I give birth (hopefully not much more then what I started at 11.9lbs) and il go from there, join my group again and get the last stone etc of!

Well done on your loss, that's fab! I put on 3 at mine :-(

Consider your bum kicked lol, let's do this, easier said than done I know, but with support and encouragement, it may help us along a little.

Tomorrow is another day, let's draw a line and start again. Good luck for the rest of the week :)

Thanks! Today I have been on track so far :)

Everyone has periods of time when they just can't get into it, I think sometimes then you need a little break and start afresh when you really feel like you want to do it :) good luck... I'm waiting to see what I weigh after I give birth (hopefully not much more then what I started at 11.9lbs) and il go from there, join my group again and get the last stone etc of!

When are you due? Exciting times!

You are so right, we all lose focus at times, and you really need to be in the right frame of mind.

I'm back on track this week, so far so good. The summer will be upon us soon and I'm trying to keep that at the front of my mind. Holidays, shorts.......eek!
Keep at it ladies :)

25th may .... So not agesss left but still long enough!

25th may .... So not agesss left but still long enough!

That's not long at all!! Those 6 weeks will go by in a flash. Are you following plan or just eating healthy foods?

Half following, but mostly just eating a lot better then I was! Once I found out I was preg it was like stuff the diet, eat eat eat and then I put on weight so quick I had to start eating better or I was going to get a 3-4st gain which I didn't want or need!

Half following, but mostly just eating a lot better then I was! Once I found out I was preg it was like stuff the diet, eat eat eat and then I put on weight so quick I had to start eating better or I was going to get a 3-4st gain which I didn't want or need!

At least if you keep control just now, it saves you having to deal with a mega gain after the birth. Very sensible :)
Keep me posted on how things are going :)

Thanks, iv been naughty over the weekend and the last 2 nights as I had meals out or birthdays, weighed myself and it says iv put on 4lbs in 4 days! So back to being good to see if that magic 4lbs will at least reduce to 3!

how are u getting on?

Thanks, iv been naughty over the weekend and the last 2 nights as I had meals out or birthdays, weighed myself and it says iv put on 4lbs in 4 days! So back to being good to see if that magic 4lbs will at least reduce to 3!

how are u getting on?

You have to live a little lol. I'm like that too, I can be naughty and put 3 or 4lbs on in the blink of an eye. Glad to see you are back on track :)
After the Easter weekend I put on 3lbs :-( After w.i. I was so angelic that I'm surprised you couldn't see my halo glowing lol. I'd upped my exercise, really pushed myself and earned 17 activity points. I literally busted my backside off to try and get that 3lb off. I didn't eat my ap's but stayed within my dailies and weeklies. Went to w.i. on Monday and sts. Gutted wasn't the word for it!! Normally I'd reach for the chocolate and console myself but I didn't. I'm so determined to get that 3lbs off. I put it on over 4 days and it'll take me at least a fortnight to get it off. The joys :)

I hate that when you feel like you deserve that 2-3lb off and you sts of gain 0.5!

Yet i bet there will be weeks to come we're you not as good an you loss 2lbs!

good luck for ur next WI and keep going ...

Yesterday was day 1 of being good and iv already dropped 2lbs so it goes to show its not 'real weight'

I sneakily weighed myself this morning and my scales aren't showing any difference which is confusing me as yesterday I did an hour and a half exercise and stayed within my points. I'll just see what my official WI says on Monday.

Back