Kids and potty training

princessnicky

My DD is 20months old and every morning without fail, when i go into her room and get her she has taken her nappy off. No accidents or mess. Is this a sign that she wants to be out of nappies? She isnt talking yet though but is very switched on and knows what your saying.

Any ideas? Xx

Yes it is, listen to your daughter she is obviously aware of what is happening.

Have you asked her if she wants to wear 'big' girls knickers? You could give it a try & see how she manages, but don't rush her, my daughter was two when I stupidly listened to MiL who said put her in knickers & she'll soon get fed up of wetting herself, the truth is I got fed up of running after her with a mop, bucket & clean knickers:D

My DS decided when he was 20 months old he didn't want to wear nappies anymore, which was a bit of a surprise as we'd just had DD:rolleyes:

Good luck.:D

When I used to babysit the neighbours kids years ago, one of the children did the same thing but it was always a wet nappy so the mum stuck the nappy on backwards until he was ready for potty training ! Still makes me giggle :)

I'd say no!!

My DD is just two (yesterday!), and we went through the exact same phase about 4 months ago funnily enough!

Every morning she was stripped naked, nappy the lot. Sometimes she'd weed in the cot as a result, other times she did it at night before going to bed.

We did try potty training as thought this was a sign, however she wasn't the slightest bit interested and I don't think the two were at all linked.

We didn't want to push the potty training as didn't want to send her in the opposite direction screaming, and the stripping phase lasted only a few weeks longer.

We now don't get it any more - she also isn't potty trained either, but she'll do it in her own time and won't be going to uni in nappies :)

Mrs.S. said:
I'd say no!!

My DD is just two (yesterday!), and we went through the exact same phase about 4 months ago funnily enough!

Every morning she was stripped naked, nappy the lot. Sometimes she'd weed in the cot as a result, other times she did it at night before going to bed.

We did try potty training as thought this was a sign, however she wasn't the slightest bit interested and I don't think the two were at all linked.

We didn't want to push the potty training as didn't want to send her in the opposite direction screaming, and the stripping phase lasted only a few weeks longer.

We now don't get it any more - she also isn't potty trained either, but she'll do it in her own time and won't be going to uni in nappies :)

Oh thank god another mum who refuses to stress out over potty training!
My Dort was 2 1/2 and my son 3 when they decided it was time, and neither of them had a single accident! They went from nappies to pants without stress or drama.

Because of this I can't give any advice, you know your child, and your patience levels! Good luck!

Shirleen said:
Oh thank god another mum who refuses to stress out over potty training!
My Dort was 2 1/2 and my son 3 when they decided it was time, and neither of them had a single accident! They went from nappies to pants without stress or drama.

Funnily enough, my eldest was 2 1/2 and went straight into pants, no accidents day or night and never looked back.

My youngest will do the same and in her own time! xx

Mrs.S. said:
Funnily enough, my eldest was 2 1/2 and went straight into pants, no accidents day or night and never looked back.

My youngest will do the same and in her own time! xx

Yes that's how they did it too, despite the Health Visitor heaping coals on my head with Dort, which is why I warned the HV with son not to give me unsolicited advice, as the first had exacerbated my PND!
My friend had to lug a suitcase around with changes of clothes because she was told to start at 18 months!

Back