Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

kids and sw

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mummy tummy!!, 29 December 2010 Social URL.

1. mummy tummy!!

mummy tummy!! Member

Diet:
    sw
    Im about to bombard with different ??:D:D

I have 2 kids 3 and 4 my hubby although he can eat what i can (he could stand to lose a few stone to lol). I dont want to be making loads of different meals i dont have time!!! those with kids do u all eat the same meals??

cx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Generally yes we do - if eating together that is.

Sometimes me & my hubby eat later on & that maybe something different to my two (1 & 3) - but most of the time we do. Things like casseroles, cottage pies, pasta bakes, fish & chips etc are all easy to do & the kids eat with us, other things like SW KFC Chicken & kebabs the girls arn't that into & we'll just have them at the weekend later x

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes absolutely! You are not a short order cook so one meal for the whole family :D

Its all "normal" healthy food so no reason why the kids shouldnt eat the same as you - you will be teaching them good eating habits as well so pluses all round

If they are a bit resistant get them to help you choose the menu and ingredients and then be assistant chef ;)

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes we all eat the same meals. Sometimes I'll have quorn instead of meat but the rest is the same.

6. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Yep. My son has the leftovers from our dinner for his meal thee following day so there is no waste at all;)

7. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have a 4 year old and an 11 month old who both eat the same meals as me, we used ti eat different stuff before SW as i wouldn't feed them the crap i was gobbling!

8. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Most of the time yes. Mine are 3, 4 and 5 yrs old. The only time they don't have the same thing as us is when we want something spicy or something they don't like, but they love pitta pizzas, spag bol, cottage pie, pasta etc... No need to make seperate meals since it isn't a diet. In fact when we go shopping now, my eldest daughter will say "We can't have that mummy can we? Because it's not healthy" Of course I tell her that once in a while a treat is nice, but in general we eat healthily. I'm lucky though because my kids absolutely love their veg so it makes it easy for us.

9. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a 9 year old daughter that loves the food that I cook but an 11 year old son that hates everything!!! He is just a fussy bugger but i usually make a lovely pudding for them and he cant have it until he has cleared his plate ... it works wonders!!

I have been on SW since July and as i do the majority of the cooking, my hubby eats what i eat and he is not fussy at all .... weve both agreed that its much healthier and its definately not a diet ... and the icing on the cake is that he has lost more than a stone and a half as well ... so its a win win situation ... just got to work on our fussy son!!!

10. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(36.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My kids eat the same as me, but my hubby, now thats a different story!!!!

11. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Hi very interesting question.

I know some people (I refer to another forum I frequent) with "fussy eaters" have kids who are really fussy eaters - that usually reads will only eat chicken nuggets and fries!! - that's not fussy but restrictive!

Now SW is more than a diet as we all know. it is a plan and a healthy eating plan at that. I see no reason why family members, be they kids, siblings, parents of any age cannot benefit from a healthy and varied diet.

12. sweet pink

sweet pink is losing for shoes

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(34.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've 3 kids 2, 3 & 5 we all have the same meals. I think its encourages healthy choices from an early age which is great.

13. Claireybella

Claireybella Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Yes, pretty much, apart from if I know it's something they really don't like. I have a very fussy 10 year old and a 6 year old who will eat anything, so I'm pretty used to tweaking a few things!

14. jooloo

jooloo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    My daughter eats what we eat (my sons too young). The only exceptions are when we want to have a quiet tea later on when i'll probably do her something like beans and egg which is SW friendly anyway, or when I'm making something spicey (she's not good with spice).
    We do make things like SW pizza, chips and chicken nuggets though so if your kids miss things like that you can just make them SW :)

15. rumbletummy

rumbletummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(13.54%)
    Yes my 5 year old eats same as me, but I also have things in the freezer like fish fingers, nuggets and pizza etc as sometimes he doesn't fancy what I've made (chilli, curry etc) then he has his fish fingers with the rice and veg I'm having with mine if that makes sense!! OH on the other hand will only eat junk!!

16. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yep your children can eat exactly the same as you, as long as you are not adding lots of salt to recipes or artificial sweeteners which children should avoid, then it is fine. All the free foods etc include lots of fruit and veg and lean meats etc which are extremely healthy.

17. MichelinMummy

MichelinMummy Full Member

We always eat the same foods here, (my sons are 2 and 3) BUT I make sure they have full fat cheese, milk and yoghurts as well as some extra treats during the day as well as it is vitally important that children's diets include fats (the right type of course!).

Just something to be aware of if your children are eating the same meals as you :) The SW website says SW is fine for children over 5 though!

18. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hiya my 20month girl eats the same SW meals I have majority of the time and has extra snacks that is have to syn. My hubby is 50/50 on SW. He doesn't really deviate from chips or mash so I always do the same meat, veg but do different potatos.

I've found this leads to more EE days too

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.