KimberleyMikado's "Takeaways" {photo's, ideas, tips}

KimberleyMikado

So i wanted to start this thread because i gained about 6st in 5 years from eating takeways. I'd gotten into an awful habit of ordering in the evening. I had just had my baby and being 20 living with my mam it was all very overwhelming n i turned to fastfood as a kind of comfort and also it was something to look forward to in the evenings. Well 6 yrs on and i was still eating it... I gave most of it up when i joined slimming world exept for the odd blip but decided to give it up for lent altogether.... So i wanted to come up with my own slimming world versions to fill the gap. I wanted it to be SW friendly without compromising the taste...I'm really enjoying coming up with ideas, i only have a couple so far but i'm hoping to add as i go along :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Last edited:
Bacon & Egg "Mcmuffins"

IMG_0713.jpg

This is my version of a Mcdonalds favourite...

ExtraEasy

What i used:

60g Wholemeal Roll HEXB
1 Egg FREE
2 Bacon Medallions FREE
1 Slice of Tesco Low Fat Cheese 1/2 HEXA
1/2 tbls of Ketchup 1/2 SYN

What i did:

I cut the medallions into strips and fried the life out of them with fry light spray until crispy.
In a small one egg pan i made a mini omelette using 1 egg whisked with salt n pepper.
I just added the mini omelette, crispy bacon strips, slice of cheese and bit of ketchup onto the wholemeal roll and then put it on the pan for a few seconds to heat up.....

This is really a no brainer but i honestly never thought about doing this till the other day...
I had one this morning with strawberries and was honestly full for hours :):):):)

Last edited:
Sounds yummy, will be trying this tomorrow!

No photos, sorry!!

Diet coke chicken:
-1 onion
-3 tbsp of VL garlic
-6 tbsp of tomato puree
-Diet coke/Coke zero/Diet pepsi etc (any diet brand basically)
-Rice and/or vegetables in the coke sauce.

Method:
-Fry onion, garlic, 2x chicken breasts per person sliced into good sized chunks.
-Add the tomato puree
-A LITTLE AT A TIME- pour the coke in. It is easier to pour in a little at a time and keep pouring until the sauce starts to run, then dumping it all in at once and waiting 30 minutes+ for the sauce to thicken.
-To do vegetables in the coke sauce- fry your veg of choice (peppers and courgettes I use, sometimes a little extra onion and garlic) and then do the coke sauce again
-Or/and boil up rice per packet instructions.

You can make "sweet and sour chicken" by using Fanta 0 (I actually use Lilt 0) and adding pineapple to it (make sure you add the pineapple right at the ended, or it is syned)

I make vegetable spring rolls with it too- just roll pastry sheets (the one in the purple packaging). 2 syns a sheet and makes 3 spring rolls easily. I buy a stir fry mix and add soy sauce for the filling.

The fanta reduces down, it's the same theory as with the diet coke chicken

Pete’s super easy sweet & sour

Serves 4

Ingredients

400g Tin of chopped tomatoes (s)(sff)
2Tbsp. of vinegar
330g/1 can of Fanta ZERO
1/2 pepper, chopped (s)(sff)
1 onion, chopped (s)(sff)
1 carrot, chopped (s)(sff)
200 tin of Pineapple, chopped (5 syns per tin)
0r 180g….4Heb/4=1 Heb
season with salt & pepper
Method

Chop the onion, pepper, carrot & pineapple as small as possible.

Add ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until thickened and hot. Season with salt & pepper .

Serve on a bed of rice with stir-fry pork or chicken.

PorkSweetSourSmall.jpg

Back