Kitchen gadgets

kerry b

Silver Member
I have been invited to a Pampered Chef party (soooooo excited lol) and am frankly at a loss as what the best gadgets are for the kitchen. I have an amazing food processor which is packed away while we are in rented accomodation as the kitchen is tiny so im reduced to chopping grating etc by hand. What I want is something fairly small that can be used for chopping grating and blending ( my hand blender passed away 2 weeks ago sob:cry:). Any recommendations?

Which kitchen gadget is your best friend? Mine was my food processor. And good sharp knives.

I always wanted one of those magic bullet things!

Then again, i love those infomercials they do. I'm a sucker for them:eek:

Oooh, thought I was the only sad person that watches those things;)

What is the magic bullet thing?

It's a small domed shape (a bit like those snow globes you get which create a falling snow Christmas scene when you shake them).

It has sharp blades for chopping iirc. you put in a carrot, a bit of onion a spoonful of mayo and press the button - et voila perfect coleslaw. you can put in an onion for tear-free finely chopped results. Or even ice cubes for crushed ice or add syrup for your own slushes. Add hard cheese to reduce to fine grating etc.

I've pm'ed a link to see it in action since you like these too;)

Steve

I love my actifry, slow cooker and tagine also my nicer dicer is great for chopping :)

Im scared to buy an acti fry. Would just go back to stuffing myself with chips again. LOVE my slowcooker (on at the moment with beef stew bubbling away and torturing me with the smell). Would the nicer dicer chop carrots fairly small (hate veg so need to chop it finely or grate it)?

I used to have a massive kitchen and now its a wee tiny room just off the sitting room, not enough space for 2 people to be in there at same time, so all my decent stuff is packed away:cry:

nicholahall said:
How does the actuary work?

It's basically a hot air fryer, all you do in put in your chips or whatever and push a button :)

kerry b said:
Im scared to buy an acti fry. Would just go back to stuffing myself with chips again. LOVE my slowcooker (on at the moment with beef stew bubbling away and torturing me with the smell). Would the nicer dicer chop carrots fairly small (hate veg so need to chop it finely or grate it)?

I used to have a massive kitchen and now its a wee tiny room just off the sitting room, not enough space for 2 people to be in there at same time, so all my decent stuff is packed away:cry:

Nicer dicer has a fine chopping blade but it is not like grated veg x

I love my Actifry and like most people at first I was having loads of chips and (divine) roasties, the weight still literally dropped off me because to be honest they were being cooked in so little oil (HEX B for a spoon of extra virgin olive oil) they were free on green/extra easy.

Ironically, now I got to target, and struggle to maintain, I use it a lot less - maybe twice a week. I guess I just got out of the habit of chips;)

I think we all love kitchen gadgets, but haven't the room for them. I have just returned from Florida in a villa - the kitchen there was bigger than my house! The gadgetry was phenomenal with room for much more!:8855:

Love my slow cooker at this time of year. My George Forman grill all year round.
My halogen oven which I don`t use enough in my new flat. And my rotisserie that I got from a shopping channel. The chicken is put on rounded cone upsidedown and the rotisserie turns vertically. The opposite way to those yoy see in supermarkets.

Maximus said:
Then again, i love those infomercials they do. I'm a sucker for them:eek:
We have a jack lalanne juicer, v slicer and a gazelle cross trainer. Himself thinks its only a matter of time before I get a genie bra, steam buddy and insanity workout :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

speccyblue said:
I love my Halogen Oven, it cooks food quickly and it uses less electricity than a conventional oven.

I echo this! We bought one about 10 months ago and we use it most days and I think I've cooked almost everything in it!

In the Christmas Next catalogue I've seen a burger press £12.50. Id really like one to mould and squash my burgers down...

Proper coffee machine, with steamer on the side. Proper coffee on a sunday cannot be beaten :)
Not just a Sunday;)

I only drink "proper coffee" now. Be it filtered (crushing my own beans) a coffee pot, or the Tassimo (push the button).

Hmm three gadgets just for coffee! :eek::eek:

I used to have fresh coffee every morning, but since moving offices and having less time it's become more of a weekend treat.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back