kitchen scales

mine are black Salter ones, bought in asda for about £10, electric. They dont come with a bowl, which is good cos you can weigh straight on to plates, do oz and g, and allow you to put stuff on, then zero t off to weih the next thing you're adding :)

Salter is a good brand - try and get a digital set that is accurate to the nearest gram. Mine only work in 5 gram increments which is not so good when trying to weigh out 42g cheese!

I agree about Salter - I've got a lovely purple set that I got from TK Maxx ages ago and they're fab xx

I have a digital set from sainsbury's, I think they were about a tenner. They have a bowl, but you can weigh directly onto the plate too.

Circes said:
Salter is a good brand - try and get a digital set that is accurate to the nearest gram. Mine only work in 5 gram increments which is not so good when trying to weigh out 42g cheese!

Do yours do ounces too? 42g is 1.5 ounces if that might make it a bit easier for you :) x

I have a digital one which I got very cheaply from Tesco. It doesn't have a bowl, but you can put your own on, or a plate, and then reset to zero. It works in metric as well as imperial, and also tells you the temperature (not sure why, but it is quite nice to know!!).

another vote for salter digital scales. Ensure that they have a 'tare' function (allows you to weigh one thing, reset to zero, then weigh another thing), and the function for g (in single gram increments) and ml is useful (we weigh wine and milk with this).

Mine cost less than £10, no bowl - I would rather use my own plate / bowl.

another vote for salter digital scales. Ensure that they have a 'tare' function (allows you to weigh one thing, reset to zero, then weigh another thing), and the function for g (in single gram increments) and ml is useful (we weigh wine and milk with this).

Mine cost less than £10, no bowl - I would rather use my own plate / bowl.

I found that the liquid measurements of mine were a bit hit and miss so I don't rely on them, preferring to using a proper measuring jug.

Do yours do ounces too? 42g is 1.5 ounces if that might make it a bit easier for you :) x

Yes they do thanks - it's just a bit of a pain having to convert to imperial from metric.

Back