• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

kitchen scales

Crys

S: 15st13lb C: 15st2.5lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 36.5 Loss: 0st10.5lb(4.71%)
mine are black Salter ones, bought in asda for about £10, electric. They dont come with a bowl, which is good cos you can weigh straight on to plates, do oz and g, and allow you to put stuff on, then zero t off to weih the next thing you're adding :)

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
Salter is a good brand - try and get a digital set that is accurate to the nearest gram. Mine only work in 5 gram increments which is not so good when trying to weigh out 42g cheese!

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
S: 16st7lb C: 15st11lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 0st10lb(4.33%)
I agree about Salter - I've got a lovely purple set that I got from TK Maxx ages ago and they're fab xx

CamilleBates

Alomst there :)
S: 12st2lb C: 9st2lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23.4 Loss: 3st0lb(24.71%)
I have a digital set from sainsbury's, I think they were about a tenner. They have a bowl, but you can weigh directly onto the plate too.

Circes said:
Salter is a good brand - try and get a digital set that is accurate to the nearest gram. Mine only work in 5 gram increments which is not so good when trying to weigh out 42g cheese!
Do yours do ounces too? 42g is 1.5 ounces if that might make it a bit easier for you :) x

I have a digital one which I got very cheaply from Tesco. It doesn't have a bowl, but you can put your own on, or a plate, and then reset to zero. It works in metric as well as imperial, and also tells you the temperature (not sure why, but it is quite nice to know!!).

*angie*

loves food and cooking
S: 12st10.5lb C: 12st5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 26.3 Loss: 0st5.5lb(3.08%)
another vote for salter digital scales. Ensure that they have a 'tare' function (allows you to weigh one thing, reset to zero, then weigh another thing), and the function for g (in single gram increments) and ml is useful (we weigh wine and milk with this).

Mine cost less than £10, no bowl - I would rather use my own plate / bowl.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
another vote for salter digital scales. Ensure that they have a 'tare' function (allows you to weigh one thing, reset to zero, then weigh another thing), and the function for g (in single gram increments) and ml is useful (we weigh wine and milk with this).

Mine cost less than £10, no bowl - I would rather use my own plate / bowl.
I found that the liquid measurements of mine were a bit hit and miss so I don't rely on them, preferring to using a proper measuring jug.

Do yours do ounces too? 42g is 1.5 ounces if that might make it a bit easier for you :) x
Yes they do thanks - it's just a bit of a pain having to convert to imperial from metric.