KittyKatKayl's food diary

Saturday:

Breakfast: Quorn & egg toastie (HXB)

Lunch: Homemade sweet & sour bean soup, apple.

Dinner: I was naughty and had a 10" vegan pizza from the local takeaway, no idea on calories or syns, it was just veggie with no cheese so hopefully it was not THAT bad!

Snack: None.

Sunday:

Breakfast: Protein shake (4 SYNS & HXA)

Lunch: Egg & potato salad with a tiny amount of coleslaw (3 SYNS)

Dinner: Bean soup.

Snacks: Banana, Apple, grapes, clementine & 85% cocoa chocolate (4 SYNS)

Monday:

Breakfast: Protein shake (6 SYNS & HXA)

Lunch: Bean salad, soup & banana.

Dinner: Veggie soup

Snacks: Peanuts (8 SYNS) so far.

Weigh-in this fortnight: 11 st 4.25 lbs ... so I've lost 0.25 lbs ... not great BUT it is not a gain, I need to work harder over the next 2 weeks!

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Protein shake & banana (HXA & 6 SYNS)

Lunch: Bean salad, veggie soup, apple & clementine.

Dinner: Soup.

Snacks: Apple x3. nectarine, grapes.

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Breakfast: Egg, bean & veggie stir-fry, apple.

Lunch: Veggie soup, bean salad, apple, plum.

Dinner: Veggie soup & clementine.

Snacks: Peanuts (15 SYNS ... at least!) & an apple

Last edited:
Thursday:

Breakfast: Porridge (HXB x2)

Lunch: Pasta salad.

Dinner: Veggie soup & fruit.

Snacks: blueberries, plum, peanut butter on toast (SYNS??)

Last edited:
Friday:

Breakfast: Porridge (2x HXB)

Lunch: Bean soup, tomatoes & olives.

Dinner: Curries veggie soup

Snacks: Nectarine ... so far.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Quorn toastie (HXB)

Lunch: potato soup.

Dinner: Soya sausages, jacket potato, salad & veg.

Snacks: Dried fruit (HXB)

Sunday:

Breakfast: Porridge (HXA, HXB x 2)

Lunch: Noodle stirfry.

Dinner: Roast potatoes, veg & quorn.

Snacks: Biscuits (9 SYNS) & grapes.

Monday:

Breakfast: Protein shake, grapes, apple, tangerine.

Lunch: Potato soup & mixed fruit salad.

Dinner: A massive bowl of soup.

Snacks: Various fruits throughout the day.

Here I am again, I fell off plan for a while but I'm ready to give it another shot. I went back to being veggie (Plus I'm intolerant to milk so egg is the only animal product I eat) a few months ago so I'll be sticking to the green days.

Starting weight as of this morning 11 st 6.25 lbs ... Let's do this!

Breakfast: baked beans, mushrooms, onion & quorn sausages.

Lunch: tomato & basil pasta, mixed beans and home made veggie soup.

Dinner: Tofu curry (1 SYN for curry paste, HXA for soya milk) with mushrooms, sweetcorn, cabbage, onion, wholemeal roll HXB & rice

Snacks: Banana, grapes nectarine, apple & 3 pears ... 1/2 SYN for chocolate straw

Drinks: black coffee, one tea with soya milk, glass of soya silk HXA & herbal teas.

2 HXA
1 HXB
1.5 SYNS

Last edited:
Happy Friday everyone!

This morning I actually caused a fire in my kitchen ... oopsie, won't leave the towl so close to the hob next time!!!!

Breakfast: Couscous, mushroom, onion, egg & passatta .... you know what ... totally worth the fire!
Followed by a handful of grapes, yum yum.

Lunch: Left over tofu curry with haricot (spelling?!) beans & veg. A bowl of homemade veggie soup.

Dinner: butter bean & veg risotto with soya milk HXA & soya cheese HXA .... Yum yum

Snacks: Pear, apple, tiny banana, 2 ginger biscuits 5 SYNS ...

Exercise: Circuits class

2 HXA
5 SYNS

Last edited:
Right ... I feel pathetic with this being my first weekend back on slimming world... But I also want to be completely honest with myself.

Friday we went shopping and with my dinner I ended up having LOADS of fresh bread ... I have no idea how many SYNS it is ...

Saturday:

Breakfast: I was in a rush to get my gym classes this morning so just grabbed a banana.

After the gym I had an apple with more of the forbidden fresh bread, SYNS?

Lunch: pasta, beans, olives, lettuce, tomatoes and a pack of sweet soy sauce ... Again no idea on the SYNS value.

Dinner: I was really good everyone wanted takeaway but all I ordered was a baked potato with beans. I made a side salad to go with it and added some soya cheese HXB.

Exercise: Zumba & trixter classes

In the evening I had 2 strawberry & lime ciders ... SIN value?

Sunday: I woke up twice through the night with 2 migraines and spent the morning vomiting until I fell asleep at 8am.... I woke up and hour later as my partner made breakfast of a quorn toastie HXB, only problem is that he buttered my toast, SYNS?! and cooked the sausages in oil HXB which I wouldn't have done ... But how can I complain with such a nice guesture?

Lunch: bean & veg soup

In the afternoon I went to my nieces 1st birthday party which ended in me having a bite of cake, 2 iced ring biscuits, 2 piggy biscuits, crisps, salad, mushrooms & olives.... With being veggie and milk intolerant that is all I could have so unfortunetly I filled up on biscuits, which turned out to have milk in which made me feel ill!!!!!! Oh and I drank some pop...

Dinner: as per my sunday ritual I went to my parents for a roast consiting of quorn, a variety of veg and roast potatoes - 6 syns for oil, I think??? Washed down with veggie gravy made with a stock cube and a tbsp of cornflour, 1.5 SYNS for this if I remember rightly.

I then had fruit cake and a tea with maple syrup :eek:

Exercise: Long dog walk.

All in all I have no idea how many SYNS I've had over the weekend so I'm quite dissappointed but I'm not going to kick myself about it, Monday is a new day!

Last edited:
Today is a terrible day, I've just found out that I've failed my personal tax exam ... I find out about financial next week (But I ran out of time, which basically means I've failed that too) My boss is going to be very annoyed with me, maybe he won't even let me go on to do ACCA ... I feel sick...

Breakfast: red kidney beans, onions, marmite & chopped tomatoes (Marmite is free, isn't it?!) with an apple.

Lunch: Small sweet potato, adzuki beans, onions, tomatoes & soy sauce. Apple.

Dinner: Red lentil & veg curry (Thai paste 2 SYNS)

Snacks: 2 Apples, 2 nectarines

Exercise: Trixter circuits class

In the evening I had a tea with soya milk HXA and 1/2 a tablespoon of maple syrup 1 SYN.

3 SYNS

Last edited:
Tuesday:

Well today is a beautiful day, shame I have to use all my spare time to keep my head in the books!

Breakfast: Baked beans, chickpeas, white onion & a banana.

Lunch: Haricot beans, peppers & onion. A Mango & banana.

Dinner: Yellow split pea curry (Soya HXA, 1 SYN Thai paste) with corn on the cob. All sprinkled with soya cheese HXA.

Snacks: banana, 2 apples, 2 'NICE' biscuits 4 SYNS

Exercise: Tonight I did 300 kcals on the floater, 100 kcals on the stepper, 100 kcals on the rower, weights, 100 crunches & 100 oblique twists.

In the evening I had a cup of tea with maple syrup 2 SYNS.
2 HXA
7 SYN

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Breakfast: Banana, granny smith & green stir-fry with soya cheese HXA & low kcal dressing 2 SYNS.

Lunch: Lentils and soya beans salad with curried noodles, Sharon fruit & grapes.

Dinner: Mushy pea & bean curry with wholemeal roll HXB

Afterwards I was still hungry so had a fruit salad (1 banana, 2 clementines) with a tablespoon of maple syrup 2 SYNS

Snacks: Large plum, 2 'NICE' biscuits 4 SYNS...

1 HXA
1 HXB
8 SYNS

Last edited:
My Cat Missy has been missing since Saturday :(

Sometimes she goes away for 3 days at a time but it has been 5 now :'( I'm so worried about her... this really is not a good week for me (Migraines at the weekend, failing my exam Monday and now this)

Plus I've gained 1.25 lbs this week WTF?!

Anyway here I go:

Thursday:

Breakfast: 1/2 tin beans on toast HXB with an egg, banana & apple.

Lunch: Pasta & mixed bean salad.

Snacks: Sharon fruit, grapes ...

Dinner: Sweet potato mash, quorn sausages & home made ratatoulli...spelling? with soya cheese HXA
At the salon I had a can of cola which is 6 SYNS
1 HXA
1 HXB
6 SYNS

Total SYNS this week so far: 6

Last edited:
Friday:

Breakfast: cheese HXA on toast HXB with quorn, 1/2 tin baked beans, a tomato, mushrooms, courgette and onions all dry fried together ... Delish!

Mid-morning: an apple & plum.

Lunch: curried noodles, haricot beans, cucumber & celery. Sharon fruit.

Dinner: I'm going to a friends for dinner, I have no idea what they are making so making sure that I have no SYNS beforehand!

Edit: well the BBQ was amazing... but I prob could have done better diet wise...
FREE foods I had:
cous cous
salad
corn
quorn sausages
quorn burgers

SYN foods I had:
Sauces: 3 SYNS
1 bread roll 10 SYNS
1 batch 10 SYNS
Mayo: 4 SYNS
Cider: 20 SYNS

OMG so that is 47 SYNS in one sitting ... scary thing is ... it is not THAT much food really!!! I really need to cut back on SYNS till weigh-in now ... at least next time I will know so I won't make the same mistakes.

1 HXA
1 HXB
47 SYNS

Total SYNS so far this week: 53

Last edited:
Saturday:

Breakfast: Egg, toast HXB, banana.

Lunch: Quorn stir-fry.

Dinner: Homemade mushroom soup 1/2 HXA soya milk Veg rissotto 1 SYNS paste, 1/2 HXA soya 1 HXA soya cheese

Snacks: grapes, apple

Exercise: I'm ashamed that I've not been the gym since Tuesday ... I've been so busy this week. Today I went to two trixter classes.

2 HXA
1 HXB
1 SYN

Total SYNS so far this week: 59 (inc crisps)

edit: oppsie.. had some crisps - 5 SYNS

Last edited:
Sunday:

Breakfast: Porridge 2 HXB part HXA

Lunch: Homemade mushroom part HXA & broccoli soup, banana & clementine.

Dinner: Roast potatoes 6 SYNS, carrots, cabbage, peas, stuffing 6 SYNS, quorn.

Exercise: Hiked in Wales in the morning.

2 HXB
1 HXA
12 SYNS

71 SYNS so far this week ... Eeks

Monday:

Breakfast: cheese HXA on toast HXB with baked beans and a tomato, banana.

Mid-morning: 2 plums

Lunch: mixed bean salad, lettuce, tomato, cous cous and homemade soup, part HXA. Banana

Mid-afternoon: Banana & 1/2 biscuit 1 SYN

Gym Snacks: Apple & plum.

Exercise: Gym: 300 kcals floater, 100 kcals stepper, ab workout, 1 hr Trixter class.

Dinner: homemade soup, part HXA

2 HXA
1 HXB
1 SYN

72 SYNS so far this week

Last edited:
Tuesday

Breakfast: Quorn & tomato toastie HXB, banana & apple.

Mid-morning: Orange & apple.

Lunch: Mushroom soup part HXA, cous cous, chickpeas with soya cheese 1/2 HXA.

Mid-afternoon

Dinner: Veggie soup part HXA. With a roll HXB. Then rice pudding with fruit. Rest of HXA.

2 HXB
2 HXA

72 SYNS so far this week

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Today I have such a headache!!

Breakfast: Rice pudding HXA.

Mid-morning: Banana.

Lunch: Noodles, tofu, soya cheese (part HXA) & tomato. Grapes.

Dinner: Mushroom soup (Part HXA), veg & noodles with soya cheese HXA

2 HXA

72 SYNS this week

Last edited:
Thursday:

Today I lost 1 lb ... but that means in 2 weeks of SW I've gained 0.25 lbs, which sucks!

Breakfast: 42 g bran flakes HXB, Edit (just read that bran flakes is 28g per HXB, so I had 1.5) soya milk HXA ... I also had 2 bite of my partners bread, I'm estimating it at 4 SYNS, not sure if right but it was just 2 bites....

Mid-morning: Banana & NICE biscuit 2 SYNS

Lunch: Pasta & spicy beans with soya cheese (Part HXA) & an orange.

Dinner: Veggie soup & fruit salad.

Exercise: 1 Trixter class.

1.5 HXA
1.5 HXB
6 SYNS

Total SYNS this week: 6

Last edited:
Back