Knee High Boots and Weight Loss

cah-ching

Gold Member
My calves aren't gigantic but they do struggle with some knee high boots.

I have 7/8 stones to lose.

Do your calves get noticably smaller when you slim down?

TiA

cc x

My legs have always been ok but I struggled with getting knee high boots to fit. But when I lost weight they did slim down even further and I had no problems with my boots.

Mind you I am in mourning for the lovely pair that I had because they were nicked along with my suitcase at the Birmingham meet earlier in the year :mad:

Mine did - I can now wear the boots I bought when I was big with my jeans tucked in.

Even without losing all the weight I want/need to lose, I definitely lost it on my calves. I went down about half a shoe size (damned inconvenient :p ) and my entire legs slimmed down, so yes, you will be able to get into those boots as you get smaller!!

In the meantime, check out 'Emotion' at Brantano as they have wide fittings for legs and calves, as do Evans and I believe Duet online :cool:

Try Evans, when I lost my weight my calves and ankles were still on the chunky side but I got a pair to fit no problem from there. Depends what body shape you are, I'm the great british pear with chunky legs no matter what I weigh but theres worse traits to have eh?

I have reasonably big calves and since losing the weight I've lost so far, I've shrunk 2 shoe sizes and all the knee high/calf length boots I had from Evans have a baggy top!!

(I have had to throw one pair away because they looked ridiculous and kept falling down!)

Hi CC,

I have big calves too and they definately have shrunk even though i've still got 3 stone or so to go (lost 5.5 - 6 depending what day I weigh myself and how good i've been).

I could only get boots in Evans that would fit and most of them now are too big. I've given some away to friends and have found that when trying new 1s on in the shops (old habits die hard) they are just huge. However my calves are still too big for knee high boots in most shops (oh the joys).

HTH

Jo xx

YES - I used to have wide fitting, now my legs are skinny in normal!

I tried on a pair of boots in Clarks over my jeans, and the shop assistant came up to me after and said "You're the only person we've seen get them on over jeans - most people can't get them zipped up over their bare leg!". I was chuffed to bits!!!

Even when i was 10 stone i couldn't get knee high boots to fit! :(

My calves aren't gigantic but they do struggle with some knee high boots.

I have 7/8 stones to lose.

Do your calves get noticably smaller when you slim down?

TiA

cc x

My calves have gone from 21" to under 15" with a 7 stone loss - so yes they do shrink!

I've got chunky calves - and short legs ... oh joy!! :(

It's nice to hear that might change ... I still remember THAT day in Asda when I forced my leg into a welly, heard a *puff* as the air was forced out creating a vacuum and I couldn't get the damned thing off!! :eek:

I seriously thought they were going to have to cut it off my leg - it took some serious grunting and pulling from DH to remove it (much to the mirth of other shoppers)

<shudders at the memory!> ;)

........ I know this is an old thread - but promising to read as Ive not been able to get knee boots in 'normal' high street shops! xx

I've got chunky calves - and short legs ... oh joy!! :(

It's nice to hear that might change ... I still remember THAT day in Asda when I forced my leg into a welly, heard a *puff* as the air was forced out creating a vacuum and I couldn't get the damned thing off!! :eek:

I seriously thought they were going to have to cut it off my leg - it took some serious grunting and pulling from DH to remove it (much to the mirth of other shoppers)

<shudders at the memory!> ;)

Sorry RD but that made me laugh out loud.

I bought some knee high boots in evans last year they are way too baggy on the calves now.

I am glad to read that some people have found calves to shrink. My husband has promised me a pair of long leather riding boots when I get to target.

:( I have lost 4 stone am nearly at my goal and my calves don't seem to have shrunk at all... What am I diong wrong!?

ahhh i'm not the only one with thick calves. I blame horse riding but now a lot of the muscle is gone and now just flab....

but i always struggled to gets normal boots zipped up over 3"

My muffin tops and legs are the last thing that I loose weight off! I bought a pair of knee high boots when I was larger, I couldnt do them up over my calfs, no I have three pairs and they are all fine. All stiletto heeled to about 5". Gotta love the heels!

Back