Knees - grrrr!

BijouHope

A week and a half ago, after a few days on Exante, I made a list of all the advantages of losing weight and keeping it off, as a motivational tool to keep me on the straight and narrow. The first item on that list of sixteen points was "My knees will last longer". I have a form of inflammatory arthritis, but the creaking in my knees is a result of plain old osteoarthritis, which the rheumatologist described as "wear and tear". It's not specifically weight-related in origin, since it was first diagnosed when I was a slim teenager, but obviously being overweight exacerbates and accelerates the problem. I have been increasingly worried about the state of my knees over the past year or so, and have been looking forward to putting less pressure on them as my weight decreases again.

Well, guess what? Walking downstairs this morning, full of the joys of Spring, my left knee suddenly went wonky and I can hardly walk. It looks as though I should have got the excess weight off sooner! Gah! :(

Oh no! How are they now

It's doing a lot better today, thank you, Shrimp. As long as I remember to keep my knee pointing straight ahead when I walk, and make sure I go up and down stairs carefully, at any rate. But I am kicking myself for not losing weight sooner, because I am sure that has contributed to the current deterioration. Oh well. Onward and upward!

Hi bijou!!

I hope your knees are feeling better today??

Back