Knight in shining cambridge uniform lol!

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
Hello everyone, well as the title suggests I'm coming back for my FINAL stint at cambridge!

I put a bit of weight on over Christmas, but I expected it because I really overindulged on alcohol, chocolate and pretty much food in general!

I know now that I have a problem with food, I am greedy and my portions are too big so I am going to educate myself on portion size and stop eating when I am full! My husband is a fantastic cook, to the point that his food is much better than most restaurants I have eaten at, and of course when I am being offered such nice food all the time, my greedy mind just wants more but unfortunatly my poor stomach doesn't need it!

I managed to get down to 11 stone and a healthy bmi at the beginning of November and then I just started to get slightly bigger portions, then bigger etc, you get the picture! So including my xmas gain I am now 11 stone 10lbs.

I do have a very good incentive for losing weight, my lovely husband is taking me to Paris in 6 weeks so if I can drop a stone by then I will be very pleased!

I am going to see my cdc tomorrow (weather permitting as it is very snowy) and will be getting 2 weeks worth as she is going on holiday! I am a bit aprehensive about a few things, the cold being a scary one as it is freezing and cd made me really cold in the summer but I suppose a couple of extra layers will sort that one out! The other is water... I have been drinking 2 litres a day most days but at the moment with it being so cold I am struggling, I seem to have a problem with drinking cold drinks when I'm cold and I can't drink warm water - can I just have a litre of water and a litre of black coffee? Black coffee I have no probs with in this weather!

Thanks for reading & hopefully I'll be a 'proper' member with my supplies tomorrow!

x
Stacey

Good morning stacey and welcome back, yes to black coffee, today im drinking hot water and coffee too.! It's so hard in this weather i know.!

Good luck for tomorrow.x

Hope you can get your packs and get started.

I too have a hubby who is a fantastic cook and am really missing the meals he prepares lol. Oooh, Paris, how wonderful. Bet you can shed that stone in no time at all

All the best. Charlie xx

Welcome back, I am another one struggling to drink the water. I was advising others to drink hot water but wasn't actually doing it myself (naughty!) until yesterday afternoon when I decided to give it a go. And I was pleasantly surprised. I have now developed a cold and the water is really helping me keep up energy levels through being well hydrated. I build up my water intake during the first week or so, and eventually reach 4 litres without any problems.
But I drink a lot of black coffee too.

Paris, oh how lovely. I was in Geneva a week before Christmas, we were able to freely walk over the border into a quaint little town in France (much nicer food and cheaper than Switzerland) but I hope to go back to Paris again (went 1997).

welcome back twinkle! good luck xxxx

Aww thanks guys, its lovely to have such a nice welcome! I've done slightly better on the water front today, managed to drink 1.5 litres so far and had 4 coffees, saddo that I am, I measured out how many coffees make a litre of water and its 3 in my mugs lol so if the black coffee is included in the water consumption then I am way over 2 litres which is great!

I am so keeping my fingers crossed that I can get to see my cdc tomorrow, the thing that worries me is that she lives in a little village that to get to you have to drive down single track country lanes which haven't been gritted and is hilly, ie you meet another car going downhill and may not be able to stop! Ah well, we shall see!

xx
Stacey

There was no way I could get my car out this morning to go and see my cdc - and she is going on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks! My lovely husband is going to take me tonight if the roads are ok otherwise she has promised to post me out my order. I'm going to email her my order in a mo so she can get it ready for me to either collect tonight or for her to post to me, so at least I will get it eventually - but I wanted to start today! I'm in the right frame of mind, I feel ready, I want to start :(

I'm in such a crappy mood about it, I haven't eaten anything yet today, I just cant bring myself to. I know I should but it just feels wrong, I should be having a shake, not eating food for goodness sake!

So supplies permitting, I should be joining you properly soon... Fingers crossed it will be within the week!

xx
Stacey
ps - I'm not gonna go on a binge and eat lots of naughty things, gonna get myself an orange and some carrots to nibble on :)

Hey Twinkle, that's a bummer! If you can't get there tonight, do you have a Rowlands pharmacy that stocks Celebrity Slim near you - then you could maybe do that until you get your CD supplies... or if not you could follow a low-carb plan to get you into ketosis so you will find it really easy to transition onto Cambridge...

Just a thought, as if you are motivated to start now, there are other things you could do :)

xxx

Hi twinkle, this weather can play havoc with appointments, it really is bad luck :( Exactly the same happened to me in the middle of lipotrim last year, the snow came (I lived on the yorkshire moors) and I was forced to refeed...which was like a green traffic light to me!! Then I moved area and never restarted. I hope you get your packs ok, but failing that like someone suggested go low carb like atkins so at least your body will be ready. keep the momentum up it wont be long now! xx

My lovely cdc just rang me and offered to deliver my supplies!!! I've given her my order and she's gonna bring it to me this afternoon :)

I'm so happy, it means I can start tomorrow! Tonights last supper will be a healthy stir fry of vegetables (and maybe a tiny glass of wine! I know, I know but no alcohol for a few weeks - surely I'm allowed)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions, it really helps to feel that there is an option!

Wannabeslim - unfortunately we are 10 miles from nearest pharmacy, and thats lloyds & boots (next door to each other!) but great suggestion!

Phoenix - we are out in the Devon sticks! I see you're in Cornwall, we moved from South Yorkshire to Devon almost 4 years ago! How did you find it undertaking such a long distance move? We love it!

Num nums - silly thing is, she's driving from Devon to Scotland for 2 weeks to see family, I certainly wouldn't be going in this weather, thats for sure!

Anyway, I will be here moaning tomorrow about a growling stomach lol!

xx
Stacey

Ahhh in Devon! The beautiful westcountry :) I actually come from Cornwall, so my move to Yorkshire was the test (my ex partner came from there), I loved the scenery and moors a beautiful place but I must admit I did find it very strange being away from good ole cornwall! So, now i'm back home, although I have to say I did miss the snow, we had some here and of course the county stopped lol but last year in Yorkshire....wow now thats proper snow, I shall never moan about the cold again!!

So glad you are getting your packs, its all systems go :) xx

Back