Knocked myself out of Ketosis ... help

strawberry twig

Is officially a Loser!!!!
Hi Everyone :wave_cry:

I have knocked myself out of Ketosis n i'm gutted :eek:

Will It make a big difference as all I had was a mini hob nob. I didnt eat a bag of chips or anything big.

I have gone straight back on soul source ( I never came off it lol just pinched one mini biscuit one time - that will teach me)

Its my 3rd week. How long will it take me to get back in and will it effect the loss alot?? I have still only had like 500 cals a day so its still a VLCD but no ketosis??

Hey hun.

How do u know that ur out of ketosis.? I cant honestly see how one mini hobnob would knock u right out. You should still be in at least 'mild' ketosis.?? Xx

Urgh. How frustrating for one tiny thing to do so much "damage"! Chin up, though - it's done now.

I'm sorry that I won't be any help here whatsoever, but all I can really say is you know your own body, and whether you're the kind of person who gets into ketosis quickly. I wouldn't have thought one tiny biscuit would make a big difference though - you'll probably burn those carbs off in your sleep and be back in by the morning! :)

Hey hun.

How do u know that ur out of ketosis.? I cant honestly see how one mini hobnob would knock u right out. You should still be in at least 'mild' ketosis.?? Xx

I pee'd on the stick 3 x (different times).

I was at 4 on the scale on the stick, I ate the mini hobnob in the middle of the night, then the following evening I pee'd on my stick and I was the first colour like flesh. I tried again later n still the same and my pee is almost clear when before when I was in ketosis it was darker and smelled a bit strong :(

I have stuck to this diet religiously until sunday and now I'm out of ketosis. Do you think it will make much difference???

OMG FALSE ALARM :D:D:D

After the reply's saying It's strange how I was knocked out of ketosis completely I just went and pee'd on the stick .... hhahahaha I'm the 3rd one along :8855:

I have no bloody Idea what was going on yesterday as all the sticks are from the same pot, and yesterday they were flesh coloured all day, but now low and behold i'm pink :):)

LESSON LEARNED THO ... phew :p OMG I'm so happy now ....Thank God!!!!!

Last edited:
strawberry twig said:
OMG FALSE ALARM :D:D:D

After the reply's saying It's strange how I was knocked out of ketosis completely I just went and pee'd on the stick .... hhahahaha I'm the 3rd one along :8855:

I have no bloody Idea what was going on yesterday as all the sticks are from the same pot, and yesterday they were flesh coloured all day, but now low and behold i'm pink :):)

LESSON LEARNED THO ... phew :p

The only time u get a true reading pet is first thing in the morning as u drink so much water during the day that ur pee is mainly just that :) lol.

Whoop whoop that ur still in the 'pink'..!! Xxx

The sticks suck. They don't really work. You know yourself if you're in ketosis or not.

The only time u get a true reading pet is first thing in the morning as u drink so much water during the day that ur pee is mainly just that :) lol.

Whoop whoop that ur still in the 'pink'..!! Xxx

I was going to mention this! Quite often my first pee of the day is darker and quite strong then becomes almost clear as the day goes on. With the amount we drink, that's really how things should be - if it's dark and smells odd all day then you probably need to up your water intake!

I love how you talk about having the mini hobnob in the middle of the night. Did the hobnob sneak up on you while you were sleeping? :8855:

pandorasinbox said:
I love how you talk about having the mini hobnob in the middle of the night. Did the hobnob sneak up on you while you were sleeping? :8855:

I can see the headlines now!

Attack of the hob knob!
Unsuspecting cd participant gets attacked by rogue hob knob trying to make it's escape to freedom. "One min I was asleep the next the hob knob nearly choked me!" reports strawberry twig.

All cd participants are warned to be on their guard as it is suspected that there are other rogue ones about the vicinity.

great things said:
I can see the headlines now!

Attack of the hob knob!
Unsuspecting cd participant gets attacked by rogue hob knob trying to make it's escape to freedom. One min I was asleep the next the job knob nearly choked me.

All cd participants are warned to be on their guard as it is suspected that there are other rogue ones about the vicinity.

PMSL.... :-D :-D

You think that's bad! A Jaffa Cake tried to jump me on my way home yesterday! What is the world coming to, eh?!

Sehr said:
just out of curiosity how do you know if you aren't in keto anymore? without checking on the sticks?

You feel very hungry again. No strange taste in your mouth or bad breath smell. The energy you have whilst in ketosis goes and you feel lethargic. Just a few points. :)

Thank you! Although, I think I'm the only one who doesn't have the strange taste/bad breath on this diet lol

Thank you! Although, I think I'm the only one who doesn't have the strange taste/bad breath on this diet lol

I don't seem to either! Though I do get fuzz on the back of my tongue (eughhh!)

no bad breath here either. I was paranoid for ages cos i thought i must have it without knowing, but i've been sure since term started cos there's no way the kids wouldn't have told me in short order!

ketosis give me a teeny bit of energy, and it curbs (but doesn't eliminate) my hunger. i suspect i don't go into it very deeply.

My stick was flesh colored yesterday too after eating 2 of the bars this week. I'll try testing in the morning and see if it makes a difference.

i don't feel at all energetic in ketosis, but i definitely feel less hungry when i'm in it.

i still feel hungry a lot when i'm in ketosis, but if i knock myself out of ketosis i can definitely tell the difference, it gets a lot worse!

it's basically all the things you notice about being in ketosis goes. for me it's my energy, feeling hungry returns and my mouth doesn't feel or smell like the inside of a dustbin. :8855:

i have that much energy when i'm in ketosis that although i feel tired i can just go go go..... i even wake up early hours sometimes and can't get back off to sleep.

Yes! My tongue feels furry... so weird! I definatly have a lot more energy and on most days I always feel full but on other days I could literally eat a horse!!! I don't know why that is though... ?

Back