Knowing when you are hungry

Bubblemum

Silver Member
Properly hungry, I am bored at the moment lol (cant you tell) I am doing some really boring admin work and waiting for things to down load etc. But I keep thinking I am hungry and I know I'm not. When I was doing SW I was like this too, I hardly ever lost weight on SW, I am sure it was the fact they kept saying "eat more, eat more", "eat as much as you like you will loose weight" but if you are a greedy bored person like me who likes snacking rather than plates of food put in front of me, then its really hard to know when you are really hungry or just fancy a nibble.
Thats the difficult part of dieting I find.

I do this when I'm tired, Cathy. You could always tell when I'd had a bad night or two with baby/child teething/nightmares/ill or whatever, I would replace sleep with calories (always chocolate - mars bars - or cheese).

Just as well we are well out of teething territory now and that nightmares are few and far between!

Oops, meant to say. I know when I'm 'properly' hungry because I get a tugging sensation in my belly. I usually eat before that though because it's 'time' but if I'm busy or out and about and haven't made time to eat, that's how I know.

I find if I have a glass of water and wait ten mintutes to see how I feel that helps or focus on something else rather then food food food I tent to wrok it out if it is geniune hunger!

I dont know the difference between hunger and thirst really. Or what hunger properly feels like.
Not good at knowing when I'm full, how much to eat......

When I'm properly hungry, in a not eaten for ages way I get like a tired 2 year old other than that I'm rubbish.

Why dont you have some crab sticks/prawns to nibble on. Or freeze some diet coke in lolly moulds (REMEMBER TO DEFIZZ FIRST)
I always think on a diet you need to be a bit hungry lol.
Ill be ready for my burgers when I get in but wont be desperate.

I think its worse because my 5 yr old is always snacking, She was beginning to get quite ill last year, her tonsils were blocking her airway but it took months to get her referred and she hardly ate during this time, and she wasnt breathing at night and I was only sleeping through exhaustion,and eating quick food in the day, when she had her tonsils & adenoids out she was quite underweight and the surgeon told me to just let her eat whatever and when ever she wanted, and shes a snackerr too, but she knows when to stop. So I snack too then I dont want dinner, then I am hungry at bed time and want to snack. I got some really thin slices of ham so I have just been having one of those to snack on, or a couple of spoos of yogurt, I open a yog and leave it in the fridge instead of eating the whole lot in a oner, I have a couple of spoons ful then put it back. When she goes to school, I will be working in my shed and will have set lunchtimes and coffee times, and may even take a packed lunch with me, lol, its only at the back of the house, but I have to be strict with myself or I wont bother doing anything, I would just read all day lol.

aww is she 100% better now? and remember kids have much more energy than us and must burn off fat/cals quicker??

good idea re packed lunch. then you wont be tempted. BUT DONT do what one of my friends does. she has eaten her lunch by 10.30am LOL

Thanks yes shes much better, she went down to 12 kilos, shes quite tall and she looked awful, she was sleeping till 1pm, and her not breathing was awful, I took a video of her to the consultant in the November but it still took till February to get a sleep study done, I was crying on the phone to them in the end. But during the sleep study they put oxygen on her, her stats went so low,they said they had never seen any one have oxygen levels so low and not be in an ambulance gasping for breath, yet I had to put up with that for 10 months before it was sorted, then they decided to operate as an emergency 5 days later. But since then shes put on 3.5kgs and grown 6cms in 5 months.
Its fab. I still cant sleep properly, but shes grand lol

aww bless. must have been a terrifying time!
You will sleep properly when you have been exercising lots ;)

Me too!!! taking l carnitine quite late probably doesnt though!

I am the biggest pig going when im bored or tired...........I do tend to drink water now or try and do something so far so good but I know that I will have to fight it at some point

I have my dinner when i get in and Ive usually eaten before 6. then exercise at 7 . dont eat anything else for the rest of the night.

I now have my dinner later, used to have it at give as I always bloody hungrey ten later want to much.
I find thatnow have my dinner 6.30/7pm a lot better and tent to have a muller light yog about 9ish with a brew and seems pretty good rountine for me :D

do you do your ex vids during the day?

ive started to get up early on weekdays to get some step done.
like im exercised now, showered, in my pjs sniggled up with the the dogs ready for americas biggest loseru

wow never could do it early in the morning But I am sure my cats would be bouncing along mind with me stark bollock naked hehe
when doing exercise I think it is the only time I like sweat on me as it makes me feel like I have achieved smething!

Back